Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Mag

This is a discussion on Sky Mag within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by Alan b You don't need to call Sky about it as the letter makes it clear that ...

Yorkieair is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Moortown
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      You don't need to call Sky about it as the letter makes it clear that it will continue to be free as it says "But don't worry, the cost is discounted on your monthly subscription so your total bill will remain exactly the same". They have to tell you about this as I believe it is something to do with Tax or Vat reasons.

Well despite this I am not fully convinced, the statement in the back of the personally addressed cover sheet states From 1 January 2010, the total price you pay for this magazine will be 2.20

In the magazine itself - 2.20 of your package is paid by you to BSkyB Publications Ltd for this magazine. Could say suitably ambiguous, as listening to music if you telephone will probably pay the subscription for a couple of months, anyone tried an e-mail yet?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I have sent one off to Customer Services, Ms Barry does not seem to have an email address.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkieair View Post
      In the magazine itself - 2.20 of your package is paid by you to BSkyB Publications Ltd for this magazine. Could say suitably ambiguous, as listening to music if you telephone will probably pay the subscription for a couple of months, anyone tried an e-mail yet?
      You will not pay a penny more for this come the new year as you have not been paying for it since you first started to receive it. These letters they send out telling you the price of the mag can be confusing but the reason they do this is because Sky claim the VAT back on the magazines but they can not against the tv subscriptions.

ecps is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01295
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

An email reply from Sky confirms that there is (and will be) no additional charge for the Sky Mag.

I have no idea why they persist in sending out these poor quality magazines (all gloss and very little of use or interest). I suspect that if they were to offer customers the option of 2.20 off their monthly subscription in exchange for no mag then the editors would very quickly be without a job!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

No reply to my email yet.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Yorkieair is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Moortown
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      No reply to my email yet.
      Thanks for the update, from the previous posting (achieved 0.025% of your total) the answer is looking good, a poll would doubtless show the majority subscribing to ecps views.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecps View Post
      An email reply from Sky confirms that there is (and will be) no additional charge for the Sky Mag.
      Does no one believe what they read in these threads now, that is just what I said above. I have even told you the reason why they sent these "price is going up letters".

ecps is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01295
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

I believe you Alan b - honest. It is just that I contacted the Sky Help Centre immediately I got the December issue with its covering letter. It seemed to me to be ambiguous and I wanted to make certain that I would not be paying 2.20 for something that I did not want. I also had a go at getting the money knocked off my subscription but, not surprisingly, that did not work . When I saw the posts on the forum I thought that it would be useful for others to see the info from Sky.

I suspect that Yorkieair is referring to my low opinion of the Sky mag(s) and suggesting that most subscribers would prefer not to have it and receive a 2.20 reduction in their subscription.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12