Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No Satellite signal is being received?

This is a discussion on No Satellite signal is being received? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; If you are on a single feed only, setting up Single Feed Mode with the new EPG disables Sky Anytime ...

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: No Satellite signal is being received?

If you are on a single feed only, setting up Single Feed Mode with the new EPG disables Sky Anytime by default ( because of this very problem ). You should leave it alone, otherwise you end up with failed recordings, No Signal messages, and curtailed EPG listings. If you're on the old EPG still, the same applies re Anytime. Also make sure you are using Input 1.

If you have two functioning input signals, disabling Anytime will work, as there is a bug ( I suspect ) on certain boxes ( Thomsons mainly ) where the Single Feed Mode is locked ON, and, despite what is showing in the menu, it cannot be changed. Many people have returned their boxes because of this, and have had a free service call and a replacement box. Despite what Sky say, they are very well aware of this, that is why serious complainers have had the boxes changed.

And NO, there is no documented proof of the Single Feed Mode being faulty, but it has been discussed at length elswhere.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

2. Advertisement
      BruceT5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: No Satellite signal is being received?

I cancelled the Sky Engineer visit as I discovered the problem after having a look at the Dish.

One of the Coax cables had come out the f-connector on the dish so I reconnected it up and its working now. Eventually will replace the f-connector and cut off an inch or so of the coax and re-wire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12