Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

2nd 'new' viewing card

This is a discussion on 2nd 'new' viewing card within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I know sky have been sending out new viewing cards, we received ours a while ago. Then today another card ...

Spinal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

2nd 'new' viewing card

I know sky have been sending out new viewing cards, we received ours a while ago.

Then today another card arrived.

Thought to my self, weird we've already received the new card ages ago, maybe its because we upgrded from Sky+ to Sky+HD they send a new card.

But the numbers dont match.

I reconised the numbers the new card replaces

(ie the letter says new card xxxx replaces card xxxx)

The i checked the spare standard sky box we have to see what card is in that.

the replace with no matches this card

strange we canceled multiroom about 3 years ago but the card number info matches etc.

Then i thought "i hope they havent started a new multiroom sub" checked the account via sky active and online - no multi room so that was ok.

But online via the sky site gives more info.

It shows current tv packs etc as ok,

then current equipment

Sky + HD Pack - correct
      Sky+ Subscription - correct (for the HD box)
      Sky+ Subscription - huh

We still have our Sky+ box spare - i know to get the sky+ features you need a sky sub, will this box if i ring sky and transfer the card from the old standard box to the sky+ box we have spare - will the sky+ features work on the freeview chanels etc.

2. Advertisement
      RST
      RST is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: 2nd 'new' viewing card

It will work if you call them and activate the Sky+ sub which will cost you 9.75 extra. Check your bill to see if they're billing you for this already though!

You may have 2 Sky+ subs running on the HD card on the system. The old multiroom card maybe enabled on the system still yet the Sky+ sub disabled (otherwise it would charge you extra) hence the reason you recieved a new one?