Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting Sky+ to phone line breaks internet access

This is a discussion on Connecting Sky+ to phone line breaks internet access within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi everyone. My old Sky box blew up a few days ago so I bought a Sky+ box off eBay. ...

edcadman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01449
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Connecting Sky+ to phone line breaks internet access

Hi everyone.

My old Sky box blew up a few days ago so I bought a Sky+ box off eBay. This is connected, I've upgraded my Sky subscription and paired my Card and the Sky+ box is working fine.

However, whenever the Sky+ box is connected to the phone line, my ADSL router drops it's internet connection and cannot reestablish it. Unplug the Sky+ box and the router immediately connects. (I'm not with Sky for broadband).

My old Sky box was connected to the phone line without causing any internet connectivity problems. All the cabling is exactly the same as before. I'm using the phone cable that came with my original Sky box as the Sky+ box did not come with one. The Sky+ box has an ADSL filter, as does every device in the house.

So is this a known problem, or is there likely to be some form of fault with the Sky+ box? The Sky+ box is working perfectly well in every other way.

I know I can probably just leave the Sky+ box disconnected, but we do order films and services from time to time.

If anyone can help shed any light on this I would be very grateful.

Ed.
      Last edited by edcadman; 15-10-09 at 06:41 PM. Reason: More info

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Connecting Sky+ to phone line breaks internet access

Do you have the ADSL filter connected to the phone socket before anything else.

If you do and you have tried another one then the chances are that the modem in the Sky receiver is faulty, have you tried to get it to dial out when it is connected?