Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sorrys guys! Gotta let some steam go!

This is a discussion on Sorrys guys! Gotta let some steam go! within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I had a Sky engineer out today at a cost of 65 to reposition the dish because a tree was ...

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorrys guys! Gotta let some steam go!

I had a Sky engineer out today at a cost of 65 to reposition the dish because a tree was in the line of sight and causing signal problems at times.
      So comes home tonight, turns the TV on to find "No satelite signal is being received" After various reboots of the box and fiddling about I gave up and decided to switch the TV to the the freeview tuner and roof aerial that I had installed 6 months ago at a cost of 200. Again "No Signal" appeared on the screen! So I goe's into the garden to investigate to find the dish has moved with a new cable, but all the old cables for the dish are still on the wall they have just been snipped at either end! INCLUDING THE CABLE TO MY ROOF AERIAL!!! Well after an hour and half on the phone to "customer treacle services" being passed around being cut off twice, explaining the story at least 4 times to 4 different people. The end result was " there's nothing we can do tonight sir, can you please ring back in the morning"!! ME RING THEM WHY THE HECK CANT THEY RING ME!!
      Well after there broadband DLM cocking up my broadband over the last 2 weeks I do believe this could well be the end of the road for me and Sky!
      Last edited by Koala5; 19-09-09 at 02:05 AM.

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sorrys guys! Gotta let some steam go!

Thats really bad mate I sympathise. They surely must have someone on call who could sort it ? And as you say after such a momentous cockup they should at least have the decency to ring you back.

Jackrs1 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Last edited by Jackrs1; 19-09-09 at 02:38 PM.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I have never allowed anyone from Sky anywhere near my home, but in your case I would give Sky seven days to get this sorted then if they do not, get the aerial fixed, have the dish alignment checked and send Sky the bill.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Jackrs1, you are kidding arn't you?

The engineer not only damaged his property, he didn't sort out the problem he was originally called in for and to cap it all he clearly didn't check what he had done before he left!!!

When ringing to complain, after being cut off more than once there was nobody available to help and they could not even arrange for a call back for a problem of their making.

This is Sky's problem, they have made it so!!! the OP didn't blame Sky for the tree causing interference, he was in fact paying Sky to come and sort it.

Just how bias are you??? Do you work for Sky? did you do the call

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I would do as Brian says, give them 7 days to sort it and make it clear that you will get a 3rd party in and bill them for it if they don't do it themselves. If they say no then tell them you will see them in small claims court for the damage done on your property and for their failing to ensure their staff/ contractor carried out the job properly.
      For the OP, was no one home to allow the engineer to check all was well with the signal to the box before he left? If so why was he allowed to leave before it was all checked?

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

PaulSky - these people don't employ engineers, they employ installers. A serious and often overlooked problem. The installer clearly messed up and if he could have accessed the Sky box and TV maybe he would have seen the problem immediately. Or maybe not. Either way the OP is 100% in the right and Sky have a problem that they are making worse.

Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

The dish should never have been put behind the tree in the first place!!! Typical sky installer in winter not thinking that a tree may possibly grow and have leaves on it in the spring/summer!!! It's Sky's fault and has been since the day it was installed!! I'm just down the road from the OP and am free all weekend if he's intrested.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Totally agree that Sky is at fault. They were paid to come and re-align the dish to get a signal and left still with no signal but also damaging the owners property (ie the freeview cable).

However, who was in when they came and why were they allowed to leave when the problem hadn't been fixed? (no excuse for sky none the less).

jasonx1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: virginmedia
      Broadband ISP: virginmedia
      Thanks

do a letter try not to swear lol be clam and explain in full what happened
      and put in the letter how many phone calls and names (all ways ask for there names when calling sky ) how long the phone calls for , and you will give them 7 days notice to fix both probelms for the damage which as left you with no tv , and if its not fixed you will getting a legal advice to take over it with compansion
      the letter should be sent special delvery next day with proof of sending

dont let them get away with it as know the installer who did

if i did that i be sacked and took out my wages
      samsung sky hd 973004(upgraded 500gb) also pace sky hd 9F3004. fitted with a 65cm triax solid dish.
      SAMSUNG PS50B450 50" plasma tv.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-h...d-sky-box.html check this out if our havin probelms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast