Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What type of lead???

This is a discussion on What type of lead??? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Can anyone tell me what type of lead I need to connect my phone line to my sky box? My ...

Kell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

What type of lead???

Can anyone tell me what type of lead I need to connect my phone line to my sky box? My sky was installed last year and my box was not connected at that time. Sky have told me that they can send an engineer but I'm not prepared to pay those prices when all I really need to know is what type of wire I need!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: What type of lead???

Is this for multiroom

You need an old type modem lead if you have one knocking around but it should not be a hard job to source one. How far away is the phone socket? Also remember to use an ADSL filter.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: What type of lead???

My sky was installed last year and my box was not connected at that time. Sky have told me that they can send an engineer but I'm not prepared to pay those prices when all I really need to know is what type of wire I need!
      All the boxes come with a Modem cable. If the installer did not fit it at the time, he will have left it in the box. If you still have the box, have a look.

Unless you want to use the interactive services or order movies, you don't really need it, unless you have multi room. You need one of these -
      Ex-Pro 15m Modem / Telephone / Fax line cord cable lead: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Shorter ones are available if you do not need this length.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.