Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Which Octo LNB

This is a discussion on Which Octo LNB within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I thinking of getting an octo LNB as i have sky+ running off 2 connectors, a freesat bedroom box off ...

sorethumbs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01392
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Which Octo LNB

I thinking of getting an octo LNB as i have sky+ running off 2 connectors, a freesat bedroom box off another one and i want to get my HD Freesat box up and running but will want another 2 connectors - too many for the current quad LNB

I'm a bit unsure as to what type of octo i need to get, looking around it seems some are for sky dishes but others won't fit a sky dish.

I'm not really sure what type of dish i have (size or model) as it was already on the house. I did ask the engineer who installed our sky+ whether he was going to put up a new dish but he said no that one is fine and up to date

2. Advertisement
      Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Thanks

Re: Which Octo LNB

You best bet is to pay a bit extra and get a new dish. Octo LNB's are heavier, so may put a strain on an old dish. There's lots of suppliers on Ebay that sell dishes and LNB's. You don't need to spend a lot of money - I bought a cheap one on Ebay and it works fine.

neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Thanks

Re: Which Octo LNB

The offical Sky ones are manufactured by Wistron, I believe, but be aware there are two types as seen here: Sky Octo LNBs.

You can get other makes but make sure they come with the appropriate adapter for your Sky minidish.