Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Freezing breakup of picture on channels

This is a discussion on Freezing breakup of picture on channels within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Good evening - If i am repeating an earlier thread apologies. We have been with Sky for some time - ...

Tojam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Freezing breakup of picture on channels

Good evening -

If i am repeating an earlier thread apologies. We have been with Sky for some time - have sky+ in one room, basic in another, phone and broadband.

We seem to be having a problem with the +box that an increasing number of channels pictures are breaking up either in live TV or on recording (Freezing picture, loss of sound or pixels seem to stick) . It started on CH4 and now seems to have moved across to others and now box office. Initially it was liveable Setanta was a chore (even more so to cancel) but its now getting on my wick. I've had poor experiences in the past phoning sky and object to phoning 0845 no's to be cut off after 15 mins - any suggestions?
      Regards tojam
      Last edited by Isitme; 01-09-09 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Post moved to more suitable section.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Freezing and breakup of picture on channels

It sounds like either the dish may need re-aligning or you have a fault on either a cable/connector or the LNB.

Easiest soiloution is to ring Sky, they use 0844 numbers, not 0845 and are free if you have SkyTalk.

Sky TV

08442 411 411 (UK)
      0818 719 819 (Rep of Ireland)

It should be a case of arranging for an engineer to visit and to either repair or replace as needed. If you are outside of warranty then you may be charged 65 all in, if you want to push it you may get it free.

Tojam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Freezing and breakup of picture on channels

Cheers for this - ive been out and spent a few quid on a new scart today and see if that soes the job - Gold apparantly and knocked down from 30 to 9.99 from Maplin if anyone is interested. The asst selling it felt it was a mix from HO and the price wouldnt stay so for long.

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Re: Freezing breakup of picture on channels

Just waisted 9.98 M8 short runs dont change a thing and better off spending just a few pence on a cable.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.