Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New TV guide problems

This is a discussion on New TV guide problems within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi. I've had Sky for several years and upgraded to SKY+HD about a year ago. When my on screen TV ...

Fonzie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

New TV guide problems

Hi. I've had Sky for several years and upgraded to SKY+HD about a year ago. When my on screen TV guide was updated for the new version (which I hate), I have been having problems with my remote. There is a really annoying delay most of the time when pressing buttons on the remote. I sometimes have to press buttons several times before the on screen menu will do anything. They are the kind of symptoms I would expect from flat batteries, but I have replaced them which made no difference. Have also unplugged the box to reset, but still no difference. Any advice?

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: New TV guide problems

Try resetting the remote. Either take the batteries out for half an hour, or, from Satcure,

"To perform a RESET press [TV] and then hold [select] and [red button] together for around two seconds (until the red light blinks twice). Now press 999 (red light blinks once for a long time and then twice quickly).

This changes the TV model code back to default 038 (and, on earlier revisions, clears the macro and deletes any Key Magic changes that you have made).

You can then enter the correct code for your TV set and then set the turn-on channel to the one you want."

I think the default 038 may have changed, but try anyway.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

jasonx1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: virginmedia
      Broadband ISP: virginmedia
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: New TV guide problems

a sky hd planner rebuild migt help to speed up the menus

press services on remote then scroll to settings the press
      0.0.1 the select on remote then scroll to planner rebuild only and select that wait 5 mins for it to finsih that should cure the menus been slow
      as for the remote there a bit slow anyway sometimes
      samsung sky hd 973004(upgraded 500gb) also pace sky hd 9F3004. fitted with a 65cm triax solid dish.
      SAMSUNG PS50B450 50" plasma tv.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-h...d-sky-box.html check this out if our havin probelms