Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

C4, More4, FIlm4 film4+1 : No signal

This is a discussion on C4, More4, FIlm4 film4+1 : No signal within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; (Keywords: No satalite Recieved, C4, More4, FIlm4 film4+1, No signal) Hi first post but i thought ide add my tuppensce ...

billie.skeggs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

C4, More4, FIlm4 film4+1 : No signal

(Keywords: No satalite Recieved, C4, More4, FIlm4 film4+1, No signal)

Hi first post but i thought ide add my tuppensce worth on this problem as google dosnt come up with much..

C4, More4, FIlm4 film4+1, are all on the Astra 2D satalite on a horisontal Low FQ beam.. The is one of the lowest powerd (dear i quote chepest) transpponders used and can be affected by many cause for losst of picture and or signal.
      if you experience difficulties with theses there are a few explanations.

1. Mobile Phone Mast Interference (my personal issue).
      Radio frequences from these mast can cause signal break up or completey block it if you dish is in a clear line of sight with the mast.
      Best wat to resolve this is have you dish moved low to the ground.. and if where possible with a wall inbetween where the radio mast is.
      (unfortunaty for me i have to masts either side of where my sich is in a low rise flat, so other then box the sides of the dish in im waiting to see what sky will do )

2. DTEC, Energy Saving LIght Bulbs
      DTEC is te technology used with cordless phones. if your experiencing intermittent break up turn off you base station too see if it improves.. if it does move the base station to a point where id doent affect you

3. Box fault.
      An non widley known fault that has poppe up with homes with 1 sky+ and 1 hd box.. some ov the older version of hd boxes would actually pulse a signal back to the LNB when linked with the SKy+ box cause signal loss or comlete failure.. Try one box on at a time and if this is the cause contact sky for a replacment box.

4. no luck
      if you still have no channel 4 you can manually tune your box to use the channel 4 steam from the astra 2A beam. (12480 V, 27.5 -2/3) no sky+ but alteast its something till ya fixed

Hopefully some of this will be some use to new ones having problems with loss of channels

2. Advertisement
      Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: C4, More4, FIlm4 film4+1 : No signal

Quote Originally Posted by billie.skeggs View Post
      (Keywords: No satalite Recieved, C4, More4, FIlm4 film4+1, No signal)

Hi first post but i thought ide add my tuppensce worth on this problem as google dosnt come up with much..

C4, More4, FIlm4 film4+1, are all on the Astra 2D satalite on a horisontal Low FQ beam.. The is one of the lowest powerd (dear i quote chepest) transpponders used and can be affected by many cause for losst of picture and or signal.
      if you experience difficulties with theses there are a few explanations.

1. Mobile Phone Mast Interference (my personal issue).
      Radio frequences from these mast can cause signal break up or completey block it if you dish is in a clear line of sight with the mast.
      Best wat to resolve this is have you dish moved low to the ground.. and if where possible with a wall inbetween where the radio mast is.
      (unfortunaty for me i have to masts either side of where my sich is in a low rise flat, so other then box the sides of the dish in im waiting to see what sky will do )

2. DTEC, Energy Saving LIght Bulbs
      DTEC is te technology used with cordless phones. if your experiencing intermittent break up turn off you base station too see if it improves.. if it does move the base station to a point where id doent affect you

3. Box fault.
      An non widley known fault that has poppe up with homes with 1 sky+ and 1 hd box.. some ov the older version of hd boxes would actually pulse a signal back to the LNB when linked with the SKy+ box cause signal loss or comlete failure.. Try one box on at a time and if this is the cause contact sky for a replacment box.

4. no luck
      if you still have no channel 4 you can manually tune your box to use the channel 4 steam from the astra 2A beam. (12480 V, 27.5 -2/3) no sky+ but alteast its something till ya fixed

Hopefully some of this will be some use to new ones having problems with loss of channels
      I'm very interested in Number 3. Where did you get your info from?
      There is no p in Thomson.

Exchange:
      Thanks

My information is from personal research from loss of channes over the last 2 weeks... as well as my personal interest in satellite TV.

as for note 3 the engineer who visited today (an experience sky engineer not a subby) mentioned it.. said hes come across it a few times with some of the amstrad boxes (iirc) my description is not exactly wht he said.. but is along the same lines.. basically the bok feeding back down the line knocking it out..

Thanks

Astra 2D transponders are more expensive to rent space on as they are focused on the UK, and channels can therefore get away without using encryption whilst still only having an UK only broadcasting licence.

The LNB should isolate each output from each other. The Sky installers are not generally qualified engineers, but do get to see regularly occurring faults. I wonder what type of feedback is occurring.

The DECT base station interference only affects two particular transponders, and its not the C4 etc channels.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar View Post
      Astra 2D transponders are more expensive to rent space on as they are focused on the UK, and channels can therefore get away without using encryption whilst still only having an UK only broadcasting licence.
      Valid point there... tho saying that in my case its only Transponder 41 thats causing the issue (and holds c4, film 4(+1), and more 4+1.. tho my neighbour seems to suffering losses across tp41-45.. which again puzzled me as i knew the 2D beam is directly pointed to us

The LNB should isolate each output from each other. The Sky installers are not generally qualified engineers, but do get to see regularly occurring faults. I wonder what type of feedback is occurring.
      That again i do agree with... and perhaps his explanation is more an educated guess than gospal.. but the souloution has seemd to have some relevance to a few of his service calls

The DECT base station interference only affects two particular transponders, and its not the C4 etc channels.
      Fair point.. not looked too far in to the wavelengths.. but is good practice in the process of eliminiation from problematic channels
      Last edited by billie.skeggs; 30-07-09 at 06:19 PM. Reason: tyops

Thanks

Billie, did you get this sorted? Or does anyone else still have problems with C4 and C4+1?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yeah.

tho area manager never turned up like promised.. nor returned my phone calls..

booked another service call.. a new engineer (1month in the game) from avc came along...

i suggested as the interference was coming from the left of the dish, may as well stick it behind by the kitchen window (which is sheilded by a wall)..

moved it and and all was sorted..

new cabiling as well..

even ended up with a fee dish from previous botched attempt

so all good in the end