Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anytime TV not appearing on Sky+ box

This is a discussion on Anytime TV not appearing on Sky+ box within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I had Sky HD and multiroom Sky + installed around a week ago and Anytime TV is showing up and ...

cs638 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Anytime TV not appearing on Sky+ box

I had Sky HD and multiroom Sky + installed around a week ago and Anytime TV is showing up and working fine on my HD box, but as yet nothing is appearing on the multi-room Sky+ box. There is no option to press the red button to go into Anytime TV on the TV Guide screen and there also isn't an Anytime TV option in the Services menu. Does anyone know if Anytime TV is likely to appear on the Sky+ box anytime soon, or is it not likely to be available on this box?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I've searched but couldn't find a definitive answer.

2. Advertisement
      newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Anytime TV not appearing on Sky+ box

You + box may need a software update. Mine did and all was fine.

Now I think you do this by switching off the mains power to the box, holding the backup button down (on the box itself) and keeping it held down put the mains power back on again by switching on the plug.

If you have got an aerial connection into your TV as well as a SCART you should be able to see a message on the screen saying an update is being performed.

If you cannot you must not touch the box for up to 10 minutes. I believe a set of lights appearson the front and when finished it goes back to standby.

See here for further info http://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/s...rmware_Upgrade
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Anytime TV not appearing on Sky+ box

You say you had multi-room installed - did Sky supply the Sky+ (non-HD) box, or was it your one, that you had for some time ? Some Sky+ boxes will not support Anytime, even with the latest software.