Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Multiroom Telephone line question

This is a discussion on Sky Multiroom Telephone line question within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello I have just ordered SKY + HD With Multiroom. I am a little bit confused about how to conect ...

WelshRyan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky + HD With Multiroom
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Multiroom Telephone line question

Hello
      I have just ordered SKY + HD With Multiroom. I am a little bit confused about how to conect the telephone line. We have one telephone line socket in our living room , and one in our kitchen. We are getting multiroom upstairs in our bedroom. But we have no telephone line socket in our bedroom(or anywhere upstairs). My Question is, do you need a phone line for sky multiroom or only does the main box need the telephone line, and how will the sky engineer connect the telephone line to the sky box from the telephone socket in our kitchen. Our bedroom is above the kitchen.

Any Help is Grately appreciated

2. Advertisement
      GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

Re: Sky Multiroom Telephone line question

ALL boxes on multiroom need to be connected to the same telephone line. Otherwise Sky will simply start billing you the full price subs for each box...

As part of the install, the installer should ensure they are all connected and working - Installing extension cabling if needed. Although in my experience they will just throw and tack the cable anywhere - over door frames etc....

I think, they are also allowed to charge a small extra fee if it's over a certain length of cable required - Others will confirm...

Mike

nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

as far as i know the box in the bedroom must remain connected to the phone line the first box down stairs can be connected or unconnected,

make sure installer does a good job of cable routing as some engineers work does leave a lot be desired when i got my digital box installed many years ago whilst the enginner built up the dish and drilled hole for cable he had run a length of phone cable out to my hallway where bt box was and i tucked the cable under my carpet edge and out through doorway at floor level making for a much neater install and at the end all he had to do was add the multi-extention plug for bt box and connector for skybox

Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
      as far as i know the box in the bedroom must remain connected to the phone line the first box down stairs can be connected or unconnected,

make sure installer does a good job of cable routing as some engineers work does leave a lot be desired when i got my digital box installed many years ago whilst the enginner built up the dish and drilled hole for cable he had run a length of phone cable out to my hallway where bt box was and i tucked the cable under my carpet edge and out through doorway at floor level making for a much neater install and at the end all he had to do was add the multi-extention plug for bt box and connector for skybox
      Both boxes have to be connected, its to prevent people getting multiroom and then letting someone else use the box and get channels cheap.
      There is no p in Thomson.

janitor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01983
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Both boxes need to be connected to the phoneline, the modem in one of my boxes packed up i got a letter telling me one was not connected unless both were connected they would charge two subscriptions. If you dont want wires running all over the house there is something called a wireless dect extender that people on here have had success with, look here http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-h...one-point.html