Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

On-line connection problem

This is a discussion on On-line connection problem within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I have recently changed my mobile phone number, so have tried to use my remote control to access the ...

smudger2468 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: TalkTalk Router
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

On-line connection problem

Hi,
      I have recently changed my mobile phone number, so have tried to use my remote control to access the relevent area to change my number in the remote record section. When doing this it requies the box to make a freephone call. Unfortunatelly this results in error 107 being displayed, and it can not make a connection. I have contacted sky who told me to disconnect my broadband (talktalk) and try again. They also asked me to disconnect everything else and just connect the sky box telephone line. I did both of these but still received the same error message. I disconnected my sky+ box and reconnected (I assume this is a reboot) but this does not resolve the problem. I have contacted talktalk and they have assured me that there is no call barring on my line so there is nothing there end that could be preventing the connection. When I do a system test it tells me that the telephone line is connected.
      I now have to wait 24 hours for a call back request from sky to my box to be made. They tell me that if this call back is successful then they will have to escalate the call to the technical department? (thought that was who I was speaking to)? They also say that if it is not successful they will escalate to the technical department.
      Can anyone help me please. I have already made 4 calls to sky about this and have made 2 calls to talktalk!

Please help.

P.S. Forgot to say, I changed my mobile number using the sky.com page and my new iphone can now send remote record requests to my box, but I still have the same connection problem from my sky+ box.

2. Advertisement
      apex01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: On-line connection problem

If you go to sky.com and send in the kana eform for help on this issue the new media team will reply and helop fix this issue for you

smudger2468 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: TalkTalk Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

What is a kana eform?

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Try going into the Services menu, and see if you can view your Sky bill online. If this works, you know it's not a phone connection problem. I suspect your problem is that you may not be giving your caller ID to Sky when the box connects.