Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

I'm having a NIGHTMARE! Sky activtation problem!

This is a discussion on I'm having a NIGHTMARE! Sky activtation problem! within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am having an absolute nightmare with my sky account. Basically I have Sky HD with all the channels which ...

Dermotbubz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I'm having a NIGHTMARE! Sky activtation problem!

I am having an absolute nightmare with my sky account.

Basically I have Sky HD with all the channels which runs like a dream.

I also have a standard sky box in another room and a multiroom subscription.

When I first had this installed in November 2008 it all worked perfectly... for about a week.

I then noticed that the standard box wasnt showing all the channels, only the free to view ones, displaying the message "call to upgrade your subscription" on all the premium channels. I have the sky world package so should have them all!

I called sky who said that the standard boxes subsciption was shown as cancelled, and no matter what they did, it wasnt allowing them to activate it.

Sky informed me that they would be emailling a certain department who were responsable for sorting this problem out.

Six months and hours of phone calls later i'm still having the same problem.

Sky even deleted the additional subscription from my account and set up a new one and sent me a new card, I recieved this yesterday and called Sky to activate it, only to be told the same thing...

"were terribly sorry sir but the system is not letting us activate this card on your account, it is shown as cancelled, we will need to email the relevant department who will sort this out".

I spent fourty seven minutes on the phone to sky today, at one point i thought about just screaming down the phone" ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!"

But thats not going to help me.

The situation at the moment is that I am waiting for this department to magically fix this problem.

This department is not contactable by phone and do not call you apparently, they just sort the problem, even though ive been waiting for six months!

I have also emailed them again via "mysky" on Sky.com - Home just now

I JUST WANNA WATCH SKY IN ANOTHER ROOM!

I feel like tearing the damn additional box out of the wall, writing "*cvnts" across the viewing card in dogpoo, driving down to skys main building, and throwing the damn thing through one of the windows!!!

... sorry about the length of this post, anyone got any ideas on what i can do?

Thanks,

Dermot
      Last edited by Dermotbubz; 23-05-09 at 05:13 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Azasmith is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Harrowden
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: I'm having a NIGHTMARE! Sky activtation problem!

I'd check the spelling before manning the dog poo... haha. That sounds like quite a mess up somewhere. Hope you get it sorted soon enough... Might be worth speaking to cancellations in a few weeks if it isn't working as they seem to get things sorted.