Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Manually Tuning Spanish TV Channels

This is a discussion on Manually Tuning Spanish TV Channels within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Are there any Spanish (FTV or PTV) channels that you are able to receive with just the standard Sky+ ...

JHWright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Manually Tuning Spanish TV Channels

Hi,

Are there any Spanish (FTV or PTV) channels that you are able to receive with just the standard Sky+ equipment? (I have the full Sky World subscription)

Up until recently TVE was available on channel 795, but this has recently gone off air. I assume as the channel itself is still being broadcast I will be able to manually pick this up, but are there any other Spanish channels that are available in this way?

I notice a Spanish TV package for about 270 which included a dish that looked just like a standard Sky minidish, which made me think that it might be possible to pick other Spanish channels up....

Any comments/advice/suggestions gratefully received.

2. Advertisement
      jampiece is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Manually Tuning Spanish TV Channels

you could maybe try it maunally tuning channels in if there is any , you can find the transponder information on the internet some where and will tell you what to do

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: Manually Tuning Spanish TV Channels

You could try manually adding TVEi ( 11.469 , H, 27500, 2/3 ) and see what happens. AFAIK, there are none others available on the Eurobird/Astra cluster that Sky uses ( and at which your dish points ). Other Spanish services are available, but most are at 19.2E & 13E which you won't get with a fixed Sky dish. See here for details.

There is also an ongoing discussion on this topic at AV Forums, which you may find interesting.

HTH

Ken
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),