Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1 May 2009 Bill. Subtotals don't add up correctly.

This is a discussion on 1 May 2009 Bill. Subtotals don't add up correctly. within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by Rick-uk It was for that reason that with many companies that I paid by monthly cash payment ...

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

Re: 1 May 2009 Bill. Subtotals don't add up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-uk View Post
      It was for that reason that with many companies that I paid by monthly cash payment (BT, Gas, Elec, Mobiles etc) but they then charge you an administration fee if you do not use DD. I have written to many people about this issue but with no result yet.

It's my money, it should be in my bank and I'll pay you on the day I want not when you say I should
      Tell me about it, and Sky have the cheek to charge an "invoice admin fee" of something like 4 per month if you choose not to pay by DD - BUT they still send you the statement/invoice if you do pay via DD!!

Rip off...

Mike

2. Advertisement
      paigntonlad is offline Banned
      Exchange: paignton
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

ive been having this problem for months....
      you wont get to the bottom of it as sky call centre staff are muppets!!!

pete22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Coventry
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paigntonlad View Post
      ive been having this problem for months....
      you wont get to the bottom of it as sky call centre staff are muppets!!!
      I am sorry to read that you are also having this problem.

Did you feel the total balance to be correct in any case? I.e. could you calculate the bill yourself and come to the same total balance? Or was there a difference each time?

You say that you have had this problem for months! I assume you have not reached a resolution?

Don't forget to record screen shots of what you see! If posting here don't forget to remove any personal information (identity fraud). If not already, elect to receive paper bills and see if they match the screen display. (Yet to receive mine for this month (May)).

Did you consider reporting the continuing problem to OFCOM (the regulator)? I certainly will if I don't receive a satisfactory explanation.

Say what you will about the regulators, but I have always found them to have teeth, very sharp ones.
      Last edited by pete22; 06-05-09 at 10:24 AM.

paigntonlad is offline Banned
      Exchange: paignton
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

ive been getting this problem on and off for the past 18 month or so, but the last 6 month, each bill has been completly incorrect, as much as 200 high even!
      i cancelled my direct debit over a year ago, so i can control the money i give sky, as they were taking some obscene amounts at times. my bill should be exactly the same each month, as nothing changes, i dont use box office, so there is no reason to change my bill. im a prompt payer, and a onth in advance also.
      I have reported this to sky so many times you wont beleive, yet still, i have no help from them, they just dont care. im unlucky, because where i live, i cant recieve a freeview signal, and theres no cable, so im stuck with sky.
      at the moment ofcom are looking into my account, and have written to sky.
      i keep every piece of communication from sky, as they always deny sending it!!
      ive had so many problems from sky, from loss of service, money not credited to my account, no call backs, no reply to my email/letters, refusal to allow me to make a complaint, refusal to connect me to a manager, you name, ive pretty much had it from sky.
      the worst thing is, almost everybody i know with sky have had similar problems... imagine if sky are overcharging 1 million unsuspecting customers each month by just 1....
      what makes me laugh is how some people on this site leap to the defence of sky... obviously brown nosing employees i reckon mate

pete22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Coventry
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paigntonlad View Post
      ive been getting this problem on and off for the past 18 month or so, but the last 6 month, each bill has been completly incorrect, as much as 200 high even!
      i cancelled my direct debit over a year ago, so i can control the money i give sky, as they were taking some obscene amounts at times. my bill should be exactly the same each month, as nothing changes, i dont use box office, so there is no reason to change my bill. im a prompt payer, and a onth in advance also.
      I have reported this to sky so many times you wont beleive, yet still, i have no help from them, they just dont care. im unlucky, because where i live, i cant recieve a freeview signal, and theres no cable, so im stuck with sky.
      at the moment ofcom are looking into my account, and have written to sky.
      i keep every piece of communication from sky, as they always deny sending it!!
      ive had so many problems from sky, from loss of service, money not credited to my account, no call backs, no reply to my email/letters, refusal to allow me to make a complaint, refusal to connect me to a manager, you name, ive pretty much had it from sky.
      the worst thing is, almost everybody i know with sky have had similar problems... imagine if sky are overcharging 1 million unsuspecting customers each month by just 1....
      what makes me laugh is how some people on this site leap to the defence of sky... obviously brown nosing employees i reckon mate
      Sorry to read this, it must be very frustrating to endure this for so long, but I see you have enlisted the services of OFCOM, which should assist you.

For myself, my paper bill came today, which is accurate.

The current balance on the paper bill is the same as the screen display - 40.29, but unlike the screen display, the subtotals on the paper bill are correct and add up correctly. As already mentioned, I have written to Sky at Livingstone about the online bill (subtotals don't add up), - I will post back if I should hear from them.

I still have an issue with Caller display (Skytalk), but that is discussed in another topic, so off-topic here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12