Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Info about Amstrad update on sky website.

This is a discussion on Info about Amstrad update on sky website. within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; After having some problems with my sky box i went digging through skys website and found that there is a ...

kev25 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: clowne
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Pro
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Info about Amstrad update on sky website.

After having some problems with my sky box i went digging through skys website and found that there is a software problem with some Amstrad boxes and that a new update for it can be downloaded but it will wipe all recordings when it does it. I think mine needs it with all the problems i keep getting. It even falls within the serial code number too.Hope it helps someone.

FROM SKY WEBSITE:

New Amstrad DRX software download

In order to keep your Sky box updated with the latest software we will be introducing a new software version to Amstrad DRX280 boxes over the next few days. If you have this box type and your box is showing a continuous red light then please follow the steps below. If your Sky box has the standby button on the left-hand side of the front panel or on the back of the box and the version number begins 4F21 you may have one of the boxes affected by this issue. Please be aware that the following procedure will clear your hard drive of all programmes - you will lose recorded programmes and items in your planner.
      1. Switch off the power supply at the mains socket and ensure that there are no lights illuminated on the front panel of your set top box.
      2. Press and hold in the left and right arrow buttons on the front panel of your set top box.
      3. Press and hold the left and right arrow buttons, and switch the power supply back on at the mains socket, if the set top box was unplugged then plug it back in now.
      4. Keep holding these buttons until the recording circle shows a continuous green light.
      If the light doesn't come on after 90 seconds, start the process again.
      If after several attempts the light still doesn't come on, choose the option to speak to a technical advisor.
      5. Release the buttons you're holding in, then press the select button twice and wait approximately 30 seconds. The red standby light should appear.
      Wait for a further 90 seconds after the red light appears.
      6. Press the Sky button to switch your set top box back on.
      If you still cannot watch Sky after following this procedure, please call 08442 411 411 for further assistance.

2. Advertisement
      Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Info about Amstrad update on sky website.

What you describe will reformat the Hard Disc Drive. It won't "download software".