Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

You lot saved me 60.

This is a discussion on You lot saved me 60. within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I had been having problems with my Sky+ viewing, i.e. "No satellite signal being received" displaying on most channels, but ...

L-nation is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You lot saved me 60.

I had been having problemswith my Sky+ viewing, i.e. "No satellite signal being received" displaying on most channels, but after about 30 seconds the picture returned.
      Then laterI couldn't view the Sky film channels at all. I tried rebooting which sometimes would last about 10 minutes before displaying "No satellite signal being received".
      So a phone call to Skytold me to do this and do that to no avail, and told me to arrange for a Sky engineer call out, in noway did the Sky person suggest resetting the LNB.
      I thought I would look through the Skyuser forumsand found a post about "No satellite signal being received". My problem was partly related to the original poster, but I followed a reply by Kenedin suggesting resetting the LNB in the installers setup which solved the problem and saved me 60. Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: You lot saved me 60.

Glad you got it sorted!!
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: You lot saved me 60.

With any problem like this, first reboot the Digibox. That will also turn the LNB supply off for a few seconds, which will have the same effect.
      http://sam-radford.me.uk/digibox.htm