Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ programmes disappearing

This is a discussion on Sky+ programmes disappearing within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Folks, I've had a quick trawl through the threads and can't see a similar one so here goes. It's a ...

Samster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky+ programmes disappearing

Folks, I've had a quick trawl through the threads and can't see a similar one so here goes. It's a strange one but hopefully someone has experienced it too.

Programmes that are due to be recorded are disappearing from the planner but we have definately not deleted them. The Sky+ box seems to be doing it automatically.

It's not all channels and if anything it's happening most consistently with the kids channels. For example, this morning I had Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry set up to tape (round about 7.30/8am ish) but when I checked the planner this afternoon they had not recorded. They didn't fail recording, they completely disappeared. And in addition to this the same 2 progs due to be recorded on Friday morning have also gone.

It seems to happen on channels without series links though I could swear it happened to an episode of 24 a week back.

I have performed a full system reset but the problem still occurs.

Any thoughts?

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ programmes disappearing

Over the years people have had this particular bug with Sky+ ( and Sky HD ). I don't think anyone's come up with a definitive answer, most put it down to signal loss due to bad weather. If you lose the Default Transponder signal in heavy rain, it can affect the EPG and its planned recordings. It's a software bug. Have you got good signal levels?

The other reason for recordings disappearing is that the broadcaster has changed the listings.

If any programmes are of particular importance to you, set up manual recordings and see what happens.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),