Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Second TV problems - blue screen

This is a discussion on Second TV problems - blue screen within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi I have a basic sky package and had to replace my initial box a year or so ago with ...

Looee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02892
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Second TV problems - blue screen

Hi
      I have a basic sky package and had to replace my initial box a year or so ago with an Amstrad digibox. In the second room I have a tv eye and an internal (built into the wall when the house was built) tv cable socket. I've had everything set up for a couple of years now, at least.

So it's been working fine for years, but when I tried to watch in the tv eye room yesterday, all I got was a blue screen (which I've tried to switch off but then it's just black). The light is on the tv eye and I can change channels from there (on the main room tv) but there is no picture or sound on the 2nd one, just this blue screen. I have spent hours fiddling with it but nothing.

Is it likely to be a signal issue down to sky, a problem with my Amstrad box or my tv (a samsung that's not that old)?

Two strange things happened this week:
      1. The digibox automatically switched off when the tv was off (I only turn off at night usually) but seems to have rectified itself.
      2. A Sky fella came to the door and asked if we'd ever considered upgrading our system - it's the first time I've watched the 2nd tv since then.

Any help much appreciated.

Looee

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: Second TV problems - blue screen

Blue screen indicates there is no signal, can you receive normal terrestrial channels on your second TV?
      If so then maybe you need to retune your TV to the Sky signal.
      Alternatively are you sure the second TV is on Channel 6 or whichever you normal use or maybe switched to an AV input.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have it switched onto the regular channel and I've gone through every available option retuning TV, reallocating sky channel, forced update on sky box etc. I can get terrestrial on 2nd tv but it's grainy as there's no roof aerial.

I thought it might be the RF2 output on digibox, which was 2nd hand when I bought it... would it be possible for the red light to still show up on the magic eye if the RF2 wasn't working properly? The light goes off when the digibox is off and red when on, so it shows that something is coming through. Sky says channel set to c38 and have my other tv set to that.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The easy test is to plug the RF2 to the TV nearest the Sky receiver and tune that one it to see if it gets a picture.

If it does then it could be either a cable or wall plate problem.

Thanks

I plugged the RF2 into the main tv and nothing, then brought the second tv in (and pulled a muscle - it went crunch...waiting to seize up now) and still nothing. double checked second tv by plugging in scart from digibox and worked fine. i've tried using different cables, so it seems it's the rf2 that is the prob. does that mean a new digibox?

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Try Services, 4, 0, 1 & press Select. The Installers Setup. Select RF Outlets, and switch OFF RF Outlet Power Supply. Save New Settings. Then disconnect the RF cable from digibox and tv. Make sure everything is OK with the cable connectors ( not loose, bent etc ). Reconnect to digibox & tv. Then go back to RF Outlets menu, and switch power supply back on. Save New Settings.

If that doesn't work, you may well have a RF2 problem, for which a new box will be required.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Thanks

Thanks for help. Tried all of the above and no success. Looks like a new digibox then...