Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky tv installation

This is a discussion on Sky tv installation within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi everyone, I joined this forum because I am a skytv user and I have had a problem with them ...

Tajera is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 07800655396
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky tv installation

Hi everyone, I joined this forum because I am a skytv user and I have had a problem with them and I would like you to give me your opinion.

I moved home on the 20th January, and I arrange the installation on the 27th January.
      The engineer came at 3pm, when he said he would come between 8am and 2pm because of a carcrash near my area.
      Then he couldn't park, so I couldn't have my skytv installed. Then it was rearranged for this saturday the 7th february.
      I have been discounted the full amount of my skytv, when I dont have it for the last 20 days, they said to call when I actually have it installed.
      I am not sure the engineer is going to be able to install it on saturday, because of the parking problems he ONLY had, because there were people that morning that were perfectly able to park. Besides, this guy was shouting at me when I was talking on the phone with technical support because I was telling them that he was late, who is he to shout at me?!

I sent a written complain to sky customer services on thursday the 29th January and I called this morning, after sending them an email, and the guy I spoke with he said that it takes 2 weeks for them to reply complains?? it's that true?!

Have you ever been in that situation? What do you think I should do?

2. Advertisement
      Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky tv installation

1st. In this industy, EVERY job is an unknown quantity when it comes to allocating time. 1 hour after the latest ETA is not uncommon.

2nd. Traffic problems only make things worse. It's not the engineers fault if someone decides to crash thier car enroute to your install, be reasonable.

3rd Parking can be a major obstacle on some installs, especialy in parts of London. A lot of streets are residents only and require a permit. It's the customers responsibilty to sort parking permits. If there is ANY chance of getting a Ticket, the installer won't park there. It's the installer who pays the ticket, not sky or whatever company they are contracting. A sky installer will get 15 - 20 for your install, the ticket will cost at least 40. Do the maths. Would you pay 20 just to go to work, and not get paid??

It's true, the installer shouldn't have shouted at you, but, to be honest, you probably got off on the wrong foot cos he was late and by complaining you probably made matters worse. There is nothing worse than a customer who has already got the hump with you before you've even arrived on site.

Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky tv installation

I think you are totally out of order. Woodster has explained why. But if you really want to complain (thus ensuring that NO installer will ever come near your house again - word gets around) then read this: How to complain

If it were me, I'd be writing a letter of apology and arranging another appointment. Make sure you keep a parking space somehow - borrow some bollards or park your car there and move it when the guy turns up. bearing in mind that he'll have to carry a heavy ladder, make sure he can park right outside your door.

I think you may already have blown your chances but you may just be able to recover the situation if you act quickly.