Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poor RF out quality

This is a discussion on Poor RF out quality within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am sending my sky through to a second tv using the rf out but my picture quality is poor. ...

cbragg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01375
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Poor RF out quality

I am sending my sky through to a second tv using the rf out but my picture quality is poor.

My setup is:

-Main aerial socket into sky box
      -RF1 out into another socket on the wall which goes through to a socket in the bedroom
      -Socket in bedroom goes to second tv which has freeview and analogue tv built in

I am in Essex, picking up London channels so i believe i am on the crystal palace receiver.

My sky box is a standard white roundish looking Pace box.

Sky's RF channel was initially set to the highest 86 or whatever it is. I changed this to 21, 40 and 56 with no change in picture quality

All analogue and freeview channels are being received on the second set routed through from the sky box perfectly but the sky channel isn't

I don't think that an attenuator on the main aerial is the answer because I have unplugged the main aerial to see if it affects the sky channel on the second tv and it makes no difference at all.

I dont have a magic eye that can change the channel through the rf. I'm currently just watching the channel that is already on. Do these magic eye sky extender things also provide attenuation from the sky box itself?

The magic eyes that i am talking about can be found here:
      Sky Remote Eye > Maplin

Any suggestions?

2. Advertisement
      cbragg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01375
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Poor RF out quality

Problem Sorted!

Just required an amplifier. Bought a magic eye thing too so i can control the channel from the second tv too. Anyone thinking of doing the same need to ensure they buy the digital bypass amplifiers so that the magic eye works

Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Poor RF out quality

I suspect that you are not using screened wall sockets and double-screened cable. An amplifier will help to mask these faults. A bit like fitting a bigger engine to your car because the handbrake is stuck on.