Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Rude installation guy and and unhappy install SKY +

This is a discussion on Rude installation guy and and unhappy install SKY + within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Yes that is normal, and it is in the installation T&C's that they can use any sat kit which you ...

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Rude installation guy and and unhappy install SKY +

Yes that is normal, and it is in the installation T&C's that they can use any sat kit which you may already have installed.

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aws1967 View Post
      My poor installation has now been solved
      That's good news - put a claim in to Sky for the 35 plus a bit for the hassle.

I don't think the dish would usually be replaced unless heavily corroded. In any case the second hand value would be very low and if corroded then worthless.

snooper6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Crowthorne
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
      If you have had problems and make your point to customer services I have been told that they normally throw in a little sweetener. I think its only fair considering that you have been mis-treated.
      When I first had Sky Digital installed,then installer first parked on my driveway without permission.I said my wife needs to park there,he said So f***ing what,what the job done or not?He farted about for 5 hours always on his mobile,and from what I could gather,to his girlfriend.He complained that the box was going in the back room,the dish being out the front,complained that he couldnt tack the cable to the wall,so he left it lying on the pathway and then said he couldnt get Astra fan so it aint working and had you got any headcahe tablets that I can have.I sent a regisitered letter of complaint to ,if I remember,the M.D ,private and confidental.Within a week I had a manager come round with another engineer,they re-installed everything,1 hour tops and got full package,free for a year and installation cost scrapped.It does work moaning,although I never really moan,it was the blokes attitude that really wound me up,that I did.

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

well for me, 4 actual installes and one swap(hd upgrade) have gone well, 1 install i was out if the picture and 1 i helped the her and the other 2 i had everything inch perfect for them and did my own additions, the swap was great he was friendly had a bit of crack(talk) and no hasstle, got loads of wire from the wife , when we moved i took the dish , cables and lnb, some installer will say you can have a new dish but drop the old one so its knaked

LostBoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: N/A
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
      Hi all

just a quick swipe at sky installation service

I recently upgraded to sky + meaning I had to have a second wire run from the satellite and sky + box. After the first installer refused to fit my new upgrade sky said i had to have the special height team come around fine I said. Sky said it should be 2 people who will secure the ladder to my house for safety. Anyway on the day of the installation 1 guy turns up on his own and again refuse to the job saying no way, at this point i said fine i will tell sky to send another person, anyway after he had a good swear at me saying that i am taking the **** he decided to do the install while i held the ladder. While installing the second cable he could not be bothered to tack the wire to the house and just left a huge pile of wires all over the garden loose installed and the went off

Should I complain or should i just leave it.

Thanks

Sav
      Hi Sav,

If you havent already, definitely complain. Had the sky+ install from hell before xmas:

Muppets sub contractors from customtv drapsed their muddy boots all over my light carpets, didnt bother securing the wire in places, no panel \ plate or any type of sealant outside were the wire enters the house. Left rubbish on top of my garage roof (even though there was a bin 1 meter away from their ladder!).

But, the worst thing apart from the 'minor' issues above was that butch cassidy and sundance knew I was only getting a signal on one of the inputs (possibly stapled through as one of the installers suggested to the other) but did nothing to try to fix it. I went outside to check their handy work thinking they would have sorted it.

Rang up to complain \ cancel was told to send in an email which I did but got no response apart from the automated one.
      Rang back again a week later and was told Sky installers will come to view \ rectify the install was also offered 3 months free or an option to clean the carpets. After reading another post in this thread might see what else they can offer or might cancel as they came back today and I still only have a 10% signal on input one and some channels are freezing etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123