Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hi. im new on here and i need a little bit of help...

This is a discussion on hi. im new on here and i need a little bit of help... within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; ok, we have the new ariel installed,but from the sky box downstairs we can only get bbc1 and bbc2 + ...

cor1.2sa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: hi. im new on here and i need a little bit of help...

ok, we have the new ariel installed,but from the sky box downstairs we can only get bbc1 and bbc2 + 23 other rather pointless freeview channels. but when i connected the tv upstairs direct to the ariel i get all the freeview channels including 1-5, however this might be because this input is comming through a booster pack, but it seems a bit odd that on the upstairs tv (the one connected through the tv link didnt even get bbc1 or bbc2.

2. Advertisement
      Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: hi. im new on here and i need a little bit of help...

It sounds like a cable or connection issue to me. Try running a new cable from the aerial down to the Sky box aerial input (Temp will do for testing). Make sure you have no joins and use good quality cable and connectors (All metal coax plugs and double screened cable -H109F, WF100, C10R or any CT100 spec cable). Connect RF-1 to the TV above the sky box, connect RF-2 to your bedroom TV, DO NOT FIT TV LINK. Try to tune the Freeview channels. If they are there, fit the TV link and test again. If they are still OK, tune the analogue tuner to sky and fit a permanant cable from the aerial. If the freeview don't work when the link is fitted, get a new link, pref a different make, and try again. If you still have problems or none of the above work, get a CAI and RDI approved engineer out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12