Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

ITV1 Anglia

This is a discussion on ITV1 Anglia within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi peeps I am in Northampton therefore my ITV region is ITV1 Anglia, however since the weekend I have had ...

Huddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Broadband ISP: plus.net
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

ITV1 Anglia

Hi peeps
      I am in Northampton therefore my ITV region is ITV1 Anglia, however since the weekend I have had problems in that the picture seems to freeze and jump and in some occasions pops up and says No Satellite signal received, it does it aswell even if I am watching programs back - not necessarily recorded just if I rewind or pause live tv and am watching it.

ITV2, 3, and 4 seem ok. I went into other channels and watched what I was watching via ITV1Central - perfect, any ideas whats causing the problem with Anglia or what I can do to get round it?

Phil

2. Advertisement
      psu300 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ealow
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Re: ITV1 Anglia

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Thanks

I receive the Anglia east service from Norwich with no problems. Selecting other Anglia variations showed no problems.

Thanks

I've got an update on this now - phoned them last night and they did a few things over the phone with me e.g box reset, system reload etc, was fine last night, however got no sattelite signal received on all channels.
      When I spoke to them last night they said if I have a problem to ring back and then I will maybe need an enginner out - 65 call out or extended warranty.
      I'm refusing to pay this fee, it will cost me less if I had std sky and was to upgrade to sky+. 7 years loyal service and this is how they treat customers.
      Is there any way of getting out having to pay this cost?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Tell them you will cancel rather than pay, that normally gets through to them. Thing is, if it's your box you will need to replace it anyway.

Thanks

All channels are back now just not itv.

Anyway when I did ring them I told them I will ring them when I get home, she said it may need an engineer visit they'll clarify it later so I said it will cost me 65 if thats the case wont it, they said yes, I said ok if thats the case I'll cancel, she said when you ring us back if the problem isnt solved we'll put you through to cancellations.
      How close will I get to cancelling before they will waiver the fee. I dont want to cancel though, just dont want to pay the fee

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sometimes they call your bluff, make it clear from the start that you don't want to have to cancel but you don't agree with paying the fee. If you get someone that refuses to back down they will always give you the oppurtunity to change your mind but sometimes they will just say "ok so you want to cancel" and thats it, if you say yes then it gets processsed.

Thanks

I got around this as I am now using 993 instead of 103 for ITV.

On another note, I have got sky + in 2 rooms which have only had for a week (2nd room was on freesat from sky) having bought a + box to replace the std box (that was in the 2nd room,) because it was slow, myself off ebay about 6 months ago however due to getting multiroom last week have never tested the record until this pastweek, i was getting a message on the screen saying system fault, when I spoke to sky yesterday about itv I mentioned this and she said it normally means the hard drive is faulty, to save myself the 65 call out I changed the hard drive with a spare one I had from an old computer (even though she said I don recommend this when I asked her), finally got it working after doing several resets, left it over night doing sky + rebuild, which it was still doing this morning (time said 7.55 in the top left hand corner which is when i started it last night), so I unplugged it and plugged it back in again, then worked fine. However what I am wondering is PC hard drives are noisier when they spin than a sky + hard drive, is there anyway of reducing the noise?

Thanks

Weekend came and had problems again on loads of channels this time, so rang them and they put an engineer call in which I managed to get free as they thought my multiroom installation was a new installation even though it wasnt, they just reactivated my free sat card.
      He came out today, tried 2 boxes and they both turned off, he then changed the dish, the box was then okay, however tried to take the old dish away and it broke his tool when he tried to unscrew it.

On another note any idea why the box in my 2nd room stops working for the recording facility every time its turned off, the only way i can get it back up is by doing a sky+ planner rebuild, obviously didnt ask the engineer this incase he saw the box was old and we got charged.