Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

HELP!! RF2 connection - Idiots guide

This is a discussion on HELP!! RF2 connection - Idiots guide within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am after some advice please regarding the RF2 output on a Sky box. At present I have a 2nd ...

tomo2001 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0114
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

HELP!! RF2 connection - Idiots guide

I am after some advice please regarding the RF2 output on a Sky box.

At present I have a 2nd TV (TV2) connected to the digibox using co-ax and this TV is approx 15metres away. The picture quality is fine for both terrestrial and Sky.

I want to add another TV (TV3) that is approx 15 metres away from the TV2 - (30 metres from digibox overall). I have no plans to use a skylink to change channels, I just want terrestrial TV on channels 1-5 and Sky on channel 6.

What is the best way to achieve this to ensure a good signal to the furthest set (TV3)?

Can I connect a 'Y' splitter on RF2 and then run a cable to TV2 and TV3 respectively?

Do I need one cable from RF2 to TV2 and then a 'Y' splitter on TV2 with a cable to TV3 - Or will this signal need amplifying?

Or do I come out of RF2 into some form of amplifier to ensure no loss of signal, and then to the 2 additional sets?

Any diagrams/details of parts needed would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is basics but I'm thick!!

Thanks in advance. Tomo.

2. Advertisement
      Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: HELP!! RF2 connection - Idiots guide

The best way is to come out of the RF-2, into a 2 way amp, use a global amp as this will run off the rf-2 power. Don't use a "Y" splitter, these will give a loss in the signal and may cause some patterning on the picture.