Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

picture quality help needed!!

This is a discussion on picture quality help needed!! within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, I am a new user so do excuse me if i have posted this in the wrong section. ...

mattyboyc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: THAD ALDERSHOT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

picture quality help needed!!

Hi all,
      I am a new user so do excuse me if i have posted this in the wrong section.
      I just yesterday had sky+ fitted (better late than never) and although i am very happy with the install and ese of use i am alittle dissapointed with the picture quality to my second t.v. Both of the tv's have built in freeview and on the main one which is scarted to the+ box you cannot tell the difference between the pictures, however on the second tv connected from the rf2 socket on the+ box there is a massive difference between the pictures with freeview being far better, i understand that the built in freeview may well have a built in amplifier but dose anyone know of a way of boosting the sky signal to the second tv, i have tried a normal tv booster but this makes no difference at all, is multiroom the only way to cure this?

Thanks,
      Matt

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: picture quality help needed!!

you can try a different channel to output the signal incase there is interference.

Go:

Services
      Select

and then choose opt 4 and change the RF channel number (guess work I'm afraid).

Ratcliffes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This problem could be due to a problem in the RF circuit but assuming that isn't actually at fault, I suspect that the issue is not the quality of the signal sent to the second TV per se but the fact that a scart connection to the main TV (especially if RGB Scart) will always be better quality than a connection via RF no matter how good. The picture quality you will get from the freeview tuner built into your set will also be as good as you will get for standard definition which leaves the RF bringing up the rear in terms of quality.

The picture should be about the same quality as an analogue terrestrial program. That is the only fair comparison I'm afraid.

mattyboyc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: THAD ALDERSHOT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      you can try a different channel to output the signal incase there is interference.

Go:

Services
      Select

and then choose opt 4 and change the RF channel number (guess work I'm afraid).
      Thanks have just moved it one channel and have seen an improvment, the picture is now on par with a decent analouge picture so as said in annother reply this is proberbly the best i can hope for. thanks again