Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Complaint re missing 15 refund

This is a discussion on Complaint re missing 15 refund within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello! I wrote to Sky 2 weeks ago as I am still waiting for the 15 credit for the set-up ...

skymark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Complaint re missing 15 refund

Hello!

I wrote to Sky 2 weeks ago as I am still waiting for the 15 credit for the set-up fee.

I joined online in March to take advantage of the offer and was supposed to receive a 15 credit to my Sky account within 28 days but that was six months ago. I telephoned customer services to find out when I would receive the credit and was initially told the wait would be 25 minutes. After 45 minutes of hanging on I'd had enough.

Here are the offer details:
      'A one off standad set up cost of 30 applies for any combination of Sky products when you join Sky tv as a new customer online, and we'll credit 15 to your Sky digital account if you join online on or before 30th June 2008 and take Sky Movies Mix, Sky Sports Mix or both at the time of joining. Credit will be made to your account within 28 days of confirmation of your order online.'

I am new, I joined online before June and had Sky Sports... am I missing something??! Has anyone else had problems receiving their 15 credit to their Sky account?

Also, is there a better address to write to? I sent my letter to Sky Subscriber Services.

Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Complaint re missing 15 refund

I would try ringing Sky and asking for a manager if at all possible.

They should be able to give you a 15 credit whilst you are on the phone.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

That is the only address to write too, write anywhere else and it will end up there anyway.

Richy23 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

I might be pointing out the obvious and sorry if I am here, but you did take both Sky Sports 1 & 2 yeah?

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I had the same problem. I upgraded to HD on-line and was promised a 15 rebate. It didn't arrive on the next 2 bills. So I emailed them at their published email address and the response (on Day 3) was that the 15 rebate would be included in my next bill - however if I hadn't contacted them I'm sure it wouldn't have been! I haven't received the bill yet so I can't confirm it was included. I guess Sky save mega 's by not acting until the customer complains.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richy23 View Post
      I might be pointing out the obvious and sorry if I am here, but you did take both Sky Sports 1 & 2 yeah?
      Yes I did.

So I emailed them at their published email address and the response (on Day 3) was that the 15 rebate would be included in my next bill
      You were lucky to get a response to your email! I emailed them weeks ago but never had a response so that's why I tried to ring and then write to them. I get the feeling I'm being ignored!

I think I'll try emailing them again, then try a stronger letter. It's so frustrating that I'm having to chase what I thought I should automatically be entitled to.

Thanks for the replies.

Exchange:
      Thanks

This is getting beyond a joke. Still no response to the letter I sent them 3 weeks ago and no reply to the email I sent on 30th Sept! I am literally fuming!!! I really don't want to have to phone them after the lengthy wait I had last time. I know it's only 15 but it's really winding me up!!

nbrooks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

I recently upgraded top Sky+ HD, also with a 15 rebate. When I enquired shoirtly after placing my order if this would be deducted from my next bill I was told that I had to wait for the installation and then call them to request the rebate. I have now done this, although I shall wait and see if it appears on my next bill. The worrying thing was that I got the genuine impression that if I didn;t call back and ask for it there was not an automated process for handling the refund i.e. if we the users don't manage this for Sky they won't do anything about it - awful really.