Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Accounting Errors

This is a discussion on Sky Accounting Errors within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am a 76 year old and have been with Sky now since 1999, a few weeks ago I moved ...

redvet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky Accounting Errors

I am a 76 year old and have been with Sky now since 1999, a few weeks ago I moved to an apartment which has a communal sky dish.Shortly after moving had a problem with viewing some of my Sky programmes and thinking it was the Sky + box I rang sky and eventually was advised that since my box was old it probably needed replacing. I was offered a box for 99 (I think) and told if I paid this it would include a free engineer visit. The engineer visited and checked out the box and the dish and found the box was OK the dish had a transponder fault which he could't fix because it was a communal dish. He rang sky and told them the result. I overheard the conversation on my phone system and he was 'encouraged' to install the new box because.... sky need to get something out of the visit. I didn't have the box but on my next bank statement a charge appeared for the usual monthly subscription plus 65 for engineer visit. I complained and was told it was a mistake and the charge would be credited back into my bank account. Instead of putting the money back into my bank account Sky placed 65 in credit in my sky account !! So... after taking money from my account which was there for my other general expenses I finished with it only being available for Sky payments.
      I cancelled my direct debit because I can't risk mistakes in my bank account, I just don't have enough money to play with. I informed Sky that I would be paying on invoice in future and now they tell me that if I do it this way I will have to pay an additional 4 a month administration fee for doing that. For all the trouble they caused me they gave me a months free viewing... very generous after 9 years of faultless paying on my part.
      After lengthy phone calls (I have been told to submit my telephone account and they will refund) I have been promised a cheque for 65 within 15 days.
      I cannot afford an additional 4 a month ontop of my other sky charges so the first time I get a bill with the additional charge included I will be cancelling my sky subscription.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky Accounting Errors

Sorry to hear of your problems.

I have sent you a PM.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

redvet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Sorry to hear of your problems.

I have sent you a PM.
      Thank you for your response and PM - I have PM'd you in reply.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hope everything goes to plan
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~