Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Where can I get an additional sky+ box?

This is a discussion on Where can I get an additional sky+ box? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all I currently have SKY+ downstairs and I want to have sky+ upstairs in the kids' room. I already ...

thehomee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Where can I get an additional sky+ box?

Hi all
      I currently have SKY+ downstairs and I want to have sky+ upstairs in the kids' room.
      I already have a quad LNB and the cabling is already in place, which I did at the same time as installing the downstairs box.
      I have been looking on ebay and prices for an extra sky+ box seem a bit high once you add in postage costs.
      I called SKY and they said I could have one for 75 ( a bit steep I thought) and that I could only have that if I also paid 60 for installation. They said they can't sell it to me without installation even though I don't need installation!
      All I want to do is get an extra box and then subscribe to multiroom, so you would think they would be glad of the extra monthly payment! Any advice anyone can offer please? Thanks

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Where can I get an additional sky+ box?

market forces.

135 is not bad for a sky+ box when you think about it as it will include 12mths warranty (of the dish and cabling as well as the box).

second hand on ebay is prob about 50-70 all in with no warranty.

Not sure what advice you are looking for. You've done your homework and that's the cost, you now need to decided if you think it's value for money for you.

Of course there are plenty of ways to get a box for free if you are prepared to go down the 'breaking and entering' route (joke of course!).

All I can suggest is that you keep trying ringing sky and see if you can get lucky one day, otherwise put your hand in your pocket and pull out that credit card .

thehomee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Where can I get an additional sky+ box?

Yep, I think you're right unfortunately. I just think it's odd that sky insist on charging for an installation that's not necessary.
      Back to Ebay I go....