Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Multiroom - No Signal received

This is a discussion on Sky Multiroom - No Signal received within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I wonder if you could offer me some guidance? I have recently upgraded my Sky package to include multi ...

Chief_Rotter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Multiroom - No Signal received

Hi, I wonder if you could offer me some guidance?

I have recently upgraded my Sky package to include multi room and Sky +. Sky+ is installed in my main living room with the standard box in the 2nd reception room. Since installation of my new Sky+ box 2 weeks ago I have not used the old sky box until today. When I first switched sky on it worked with no issues but after 10 mins or so I kept losing my picture and receiving a no satellite signal error message. I'm now not receiving any signal on the sky box in the 2nd reception room. It's worth noting that I'm getting no such problems with my sky+ box. I telephoned Sky to inform them of my problem and their recommendation was to send out an engineer at a cost of 55 to fix the problem. I must admit I'm loathed to do that as the sky box worked perfectly well before I upgraded to Sky+ and multi room. Are you able to offer any suggestions on what I should do?

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Multiroom - No Signal received

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Rotter View Post
      Hi, I wonder if you could offer me some guidance?

I have recently upgraded my Sky package to include multi room and Sky +. Sky+ is installed in my main living room with the standard box in the 2nd reception room. Since installation of my new Sky+ box 2 weeks ago I have not used the old sky box until today. When I first switched sky on it worked with no issues but after 10 mins or so I kept losing my picture and receiving a no satellite signal error message. I'm now not receiving any signal on the sky box in the 2nd reception room. It's worth noting that I'm getting no such problems with my sky+ box. I telephoned Sky to inform them of my problem and their recommendation was to send out an engineer at a cost of 55 to fix the problem. I must admit I'm loathed to do that as the sky box worked perfectly well before I upgraded to Sky+ and multi room. Are you able to offer any suggestions on what I should do?
      If you Sky+ installation is working ok then there is either a cable/connecton problem or the quab LNB is failing(unlikely), The first thing I would do is to check the 'F' connector at the back of the receiver, make sure it is fitted correctly and that there is no outer braid touching the inner core.

If this is ok then you need to check the connector at the LNB for the same thing, you may also wish to swap this connector onto the other spare LNB output just incase.

Ensure that the rain cover is also pulled down to stop any water ingress at the LNB.

If this doesn't work, try moving the receiver to the Sky+ position and try it their, that should rule out the receiver being at fault, although I would bet it is a cable/connector issue.