Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Sky HD Install & Multi room Question

This is a discussion on New Sky HD Install & Multi room Question within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have a quesry someone might have an idea about. I have just this past weekend had a brand new ...

Chimp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0238066
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

New Sky HD Install & Multi room Question

I have a quesry someone might have an idea about.

I have just this past weekend had a brand new install with Sky HD in my living room and wanted Multiroom so ordered it too along with BB and Sky Talk thing.

Everything in the install went fine, and installer even did me a favour an ran 2 x cables to the bedroom .

Once he finished and left, I dug out my old HD box from my previous house (just moved) and plugged in. All seemed to work even with my old card that the account had been cancelled, but during the day Sky+ features/Movies stopped working and mentioned that there was no subscription..fair cop!

I put the Multi-room card in that was in the old "normal" box that the chappy installed into my old HD box and I recieved the "this card is not for this box" so I thought I could just phone sky up and "pair" the 2 which took 2 mins on the phone.

BUT... It appears that the lovely lady must have sent the signal to have HD/Sky+/Movies and my Front Room HD box now doesen't have this, just vanilla sky with no+ etc.

So my question is: If I have 6 mixes/HD and multiroom can I have all this on my "new HD" box and get sky to send Movies and Sky + stuff to my 2nd HD box with what I have order so far as Sky + is free right?

I don't need HD on the 2nd box as its running on a 32" CRT atm which I know I would have to pay an extra 10 for (which I think is crap if you have paid for it already AND Multiroom).

Sorry for long post but thought a bit of background might be needed.

2. Advertisement
      Ratcliffes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: New Sky HD Install & Multi room Question

Pretty much exactly the same thing happened to me. When I rang up to pair my multiroom card with the second box they made the secondary card the "primary" card and swapped the HD subscription to the secondary box. I didn't realise at the time that multiroom + HD does not equal Multiroom HD!! At the time (about 8 months ago) I don't think their systems were expecting anyone to have two HD boxes so the possibility was never really considered.

With a multiroom sub you should be getting everything you have on the primary box on the secondary box with the exception of HD. This will include the 6 mixes and Sky+ functionality.

My experience was that you can usually get to speak to a nice person in Scotland who will sort it out for you but it takes a number of calls, all of which are at your cost. If it goes on it would be worthwhile asking them to call you back or to give you a freephone number.
      Last edited by Ratcliffes; 28-07-08 at 03:00 PM.

Chimp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0238066
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: New Sky HD Install & Multi room Question

Thanks Ratcliffes, I will give them a call when I get home from work and set them straight with the right box number and serial numbers etc.

Maybe Ill combine the call with chasing up why the broadband hasn't been enabled as of yet today!! Oh boy they will love me.