Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advice - recommended my mum so we both get sky+ but they didn't take my details

This is a discussion on Advice - recommended my mum so we both get sky+ but they didn't take my details within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Yep, the install fee covers the cable and LNB, and the difference between a new and an existing customer for ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Advice - recommended my mum so we both get sky+ but they didn't take my details

Yep, the install fee covers the cable and LNB, and the difference between a new and an existing customer for the install is a major gripe of existing customers. However is justified by the fact that Sky gave you the same sort of discount when you first signed up. (Doesn't make it any better but is their explanation)
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      JohnOvManchester is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Advice - recommended my mum so we both get sky+ but they didn't take my details

Hmmm, that's stupid
      I run a beauty salon and we reward long standing loyal cutomers, sky seem to do the opposite
      Would almost be worth cancelling and re-signing up and getting all new kit!!!

nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

new customers get free instalation. but pay 30 connection

you as a customer upgrading your box have to pay 60 for standard instaltion, its worth it you get sky plus box for 60 saving 100 by getting the box free

get installer to put up a new dish to get the most value for your money especially if old dish is showing any signs of rust or heavy weathering

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

will the installer put a new dish up though? I can imagine them saying they don't have to as there is already one there

the last installers satallite location meter thing broke so they couldn't get it 100% right anyway, so would be good if they could put a new dish up.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

An installer only gets paid, if for 30 days from install / work there are no call outs against the job he has done.

Use that to your advantage, ie tell him you want a new dish, he will give you a new LNB and cable anyway.

If he doesn't do this, ring Sky and complain about the poor quality about a week later, then he has to wait another 30 days before he can get paid for the original job. He'll soon come around.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Didn't know that!!!
      Good tip - thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12