Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

poor signal

This is a discussion on poor signal within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Ever since I first subscribed to Sky about 2 years ago, I have been getting a poor signal. During good ...

lbw
      lbw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01925
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

poor signal

Ever since I first subscribed to Sky about 2 years ago, I have been getting a poor signal. During good weather, the signal strength would be about half, and the signal quality would be less than that. During rain, I would lose the signal.

I had an engineer come round a few months after I subscribed and he told me that he fixed the problem, although he didn't tell me what it was. However, the problem remained afterwards.

About 2 months ago, I upgraded to Sky+, and told the engineer that came about my problem. He said that he re-aligned the dish, and that the problem should be sorted. However, the signal is even worse than when I just had basic Sky, and the EPG information is not even being recieved. The current programme name on the blue bar only appears when I am currently on that channel, with no information about the next programme or programmes on any other channel being displayed. The signal strength of Input 1 is less than half, and the signal quality is about a quarter. Input 2 is even worse. Today, I even lost the signal completely on Input 2, so I couldn't record anything or rewind live TV.

The dish that I am using was installed before we subscribed to Sky, because we wanted to watch the free channels. Therefore it is not a dish that was supplied to us by Sky. Does anyone know whether I will have to pay if I call an engineer out and ask him to replace the dish?

2. Advertisement
      Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: poor signal

If your contract is dated more that 12 months old then you'll have to pay (in theory).

If your dish has been there for many years maybe your cable is the wrong type or faulty.