Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Canceling Sky &Sky talk

This is a discussion on Canceling Sky &Sky talk within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I currently live with my gf, who has Sky TV, Sky Broadband, and Sky Talk & line rental. She had ...

welsh_fella is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Canceling Sky &Sky talk

I currently live with my gf, who has Sky TV, Sky Broadband, and Sky Talk & line rental.

She had Sky TV for about 2-3yrs, Sky Broadband and Sky Talk for less than 12months.

We gonna move to a new property soon (in two weeks) where i want to sign up for sky and take advantage of 'new customer' offers.

Is she able to cancel as the Talk and Broadband are less than 12months in??

Also want to reconnect at the new property using the current phone number (which has sky talk).

The offer i'm interested in ends June 30th.

Can she cancel everything? within two weeks?

I dont think it would be a huge inconvenience if both contracts over-ran 4 a short while.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Canceling Sky &Sky talk

The best bet would be to ring Sky I think and tell them that you are moving home. If they ask if you want to resubscribe at the new address say no. They may offer you a new customer deal to make you change your mind. You won't know until you try though.

You don't say how long left on the contract to go though, so if a good few months they may make you pay the balance of the contract. I would assume that they would offer you a sweetener to stay though.

Let us know the outcome.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I think to be honest your girlfriend is still under contract to Sky BB and Sky talk and as such they could hold her to the the 12 months contract. As Newsreader says thay may make an offer for her to stay especially as her Sky TV contract is up. However its one of these " you dont know until you tried" things However dont hold your breath you cant have BB without Sky Tv at the minute and if you cancel the Tv you could make things difficult regarding BB.

lilly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If the TV is out of the 12month warranty. you can cancel it. You can not have Broadband or sky talk without an active tv account. so when you cancel the Tv the Talk should ust cancel automatically on the system. Broadband.. hmm think the same will happen.

Or.. you can set up your new account at the new address in your name.. once this is ACTIVE.. your gf writes in to customer relations and explains shes moving in with he rpartner who has an ACTIVE ACCOUNT and is unwilling to cancel.. then the agent who reads the letter has to then decide. Its more than likely they will cancel her subs because you cant have 2 active accounts at one address and if we refuse we could annoy both of you so much, you will both cancel soon as your min term expires.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by welsh_fella View Post
      I currently live with my gf, who has Sky TV, Sky Broadband, and Sky Talk & line rental.

She had Sky TV for about 2-3yrs, Sky Broadband and Sky Talk for less than 12months.

We gonna move to a new property soon (in two weeks) where i want to sign up for sky and take advantage of 'new customer' offers.

Is she able to cancel as the Talk and Broadband are less than 12months in??

Also want to reconnect at the new property using the current phone number (which has sky talk).

The offer i'm interested in ends June 30th.

Can she cancel everything? within two weeks?

I dont think it would be a huge inconvenience if both contracts over-ran 4 a short while.
      Just phone them and see what they offer. June is the month where retention/moving home dept has good offers which can exceed the new customer offers.

If they don't offer anything then cancel and make sure you sign up again in your name or else they'll spot that your g/f had it before and block the new account.

I don't know if much has changed but I believe moving home with broadband on ANY supplier is a long stressful procedure (one friend had this problem with Sky and my brother with AOL) so maybe cancelling would be easier.

Its 30 days notice for all cancellations. They can't hold you to broadband contract if you cancel the tv despite what some cs agents might tell you and Sky Talk has no contract.
      Last edited by bubblegun; 19-06-08 at 11:22 PM.