Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

RTX Wireless Phone Jack problems

This is a discussion on RTX Wireless Phone Jack problems within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I just bought an RTX wireless phone jack so that I didn't have to trail a telephone lead across ...

Scytmo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

RTX Wireless Phone Jack problems

Hi,

I just bought an RTX wireless phone jack so that I didn't have to trail a telephone lead across the room from where my Sky+ box is to my telephone point. The reviews on Amazon said that it works OK with Sky boxes, and the packaging and instructions talk about using it with set-top boxes.

However, my Sky+ box won't go online with it. It recognizes that the phone is connected, and it seems to start to dial out, but then I get an error message that says the online session has been interrupted.

Does anyone else have one of these Wireless Phone Jacks? Or got any hints as to what I might try to get it working?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      rob92uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0114
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: RTX Wireless Phone Jack problems

Quote Originally Posted by Scytmo View Post
      Hi,

I just bought an RTX wireless phone jack so that I didn't have to trail a telephone lead across the room from where my Sky+ box is to my telephone point. The reviews on Amazon said that it works OK with Sky boxes, and the packaging and instructions talk about using it with set-top boxes.

However, my Sky+ box won't go online with it. It recognizes that the phone is connected, and it seems to start to dial out, but then I get an error message that says the online session has been interrupted.

Does anyone else have one of these Wireless Phone Jacks? Or got any hints as to what I might try to get it working?

Thanks
      I have an RTX wireless phone jack, I have tried it on both my sky+ box and my skyhd box, both say they are connected but neither will dial out for interactive services. I keep getting error code 106. It's driving me mad because I'm sure it's only a minor problem, but nobody seems to know how to fix it.

MartinP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Slingbox
      Thanks

It's probably receiving interference from something. Switch off EVERYTHING that isn't necessary for testing, including the TVs. Lights, computers, laptops, wireless router, wireless weather station - everything.

Oh, and if your ceiling is aluminium-covered plasterboard, the signal won't get through anyway.

enigma2u is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01457
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You will find a little switch on the bottom of the unit. Cannot remember what the letters are c and s i think - being lazy as i could look at mine :-)
      Anyway...one is for data the other for phone.
      So if using a SKY+ box or fax etc then it needs to be switched.
      Often it does work on either but try the switch if it doesn't.

You may find this helpful and you can always post to the forum via this site.

RTX Wireless Phone Jack Review - Ideal for Sky+ Multiroom