Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Just compared prices of VM and Sky

This is a discussion on Just compared prices of VM and Sky within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; What a difference. Virgin Media XL TV (9.75, 19.50 after 3 months) with Sky Sports 1 (15, 34.50) with phone ...

Huddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Broadband ISP: plus.net
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Just compared prices of VM and Sky

What a difference.
      Virgin Media XL TV (9.75, 19.50 after 3 months) with Sky Sports 1 (15, 34.50) with phone L package (14.45), (Total of 39.20 going up to 48.70 after 3 months), then of course I added m broaband package (which they say is 9 going upto 17 after 12 months) the total adds up to 57.20 for 12 months so basically the 18 is added on from the start (and as soon as you add this you lose your online discount taken off first bill).

I then thought I know I will check the TV L package as I dont want all the channels and add the setanta sports and sky sports 1 - total monthly price 65.94.

The TV L package is equivalent to what I am on now - 4 mixes with Sky Sports, Sky Talk eve and w/ends and Sky BB base (2mb) total of 46 plus calls and then on top of that Setanta total price 56.

As you can see based on my package and VM's equivalent VM is alot more expensive than Sky and we all thought Sky was alot.
      Last edited by Huddy; 08-06-08 at 03:52 PM.

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Just compared prices of VM and Sky

i did think of moving over to the dark side (VM) a few weeks ago (decision on if i moved my sky dish or not), phoned them up, told them what i was paying at the the moment for sky world and mid bb, they offered me the 85 package and could not seem to deviate from it.
      needless to say, sky dish was moved !!
      Last edited by richone54; 09-06-08 at 11:07 AM.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Thanks

I was paying 120 a month to NTHell for downstairs TV internet and phone package, and they still had the cheek to say their wasn't anything wrong with the TV box when smoke started to come out of it.

Now I have HD, Sky+ upstairs, internet and with the BT phone and call package this comes to 85/month.

So I am paying less for a whole lot more, and I would never go back to cable as it may be called virgin but it's still NTL running the show.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Huddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Broadband ISP: plus.net
      Thanks

Other funny thing is they do bb and phone for 15.50 then you add the tv m package which is free if you take virgin phone and the price goes up to 20.

So really it is free if you only have phone but nothing else which is rather crafty as if you take out their phone you have to take out their broadband aswell as other bb doesnt work.