Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Interferance on TV

This is a discussion on Interferance on TV within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi this is my first time logging on and need help with my sky box / TV . If i ...

Kurt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01553
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Interferance on TV

Hi this is my first time logging on and need help with my sky box / TV . If i run on a bit ill appoligize now. I have a Samsung 40inch tv, sony surround system and sky box . When i am watching sky i get very faint diagnoal line in the background . The picture is perfect on normal tv and playing a dvd . I have lost count how much money i have spent on differant scart lead but no differance. I have my system connected as follows
      sky scart output(tv) to scart plug 2 on tv
      sony surround to scart plug 1 on tv
      i have tried putting the sky lead in position 1 and changeing to RGB still no differance . i swapped it back because if i dont plug the sony unit in position one i can not get surround sound from sky.
      i have tried removing the normal tv aerial from the tv. still no good. i even read on another site that if you disconect pin 19 on your scart lead this helps. it didnt.
      the sky box is approx 6 months old and tv about 8 month . i have had this problem from day one .The lines look worse if the picture is darker. has anybody got any ideas i have just about given up

2. Advertisement
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Interferance on TV

Have you tried moving the Sky box as far away from the rest of your kit as possible.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks for the reply,no i havnt tried moving my sky box but i have borrowed another box and tried that . the interferance was the same

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

What happens if you completely remove the Sony Surround Sound from the system?

Try the very basic set up (ie Sky box to Samsung TV with a good SCART). Is the line still there? If it is and the two Sky boxes produce the same effect then either the TV or the SCART is at fault. What happens if you just have the SCART connected without the Sky box? What happens if you now connect the Sky box but don't plug it in? Go step by step until the line appears and the last step you took should indicate where the problem lies.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

i have made some progress. i have a tv stand that is all on show at the back. there are clips all along the frame to put the cables in to keep it tidy . if i take all the cables out and sperate them especially the sky scart the picture inproves . i cant leave it like this because it looks a mess. it is oviousley picking up interferance from other leads . like i said in a previous message i have spent loads of money on scart leads and the ones on there at the min cost me a fortune and are good quality. any ideas how i can sheild out the interferance .