Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Missing some free channels! Please help!

This is a discussion on Missing some free channels! Please help! within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; an LNB is an LNB.... however an LNB can be set at a scew and for the ASTRA satellites, the ...

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Missing some free channels! Please help!

an LNB is an LNB.... however an LNB can be set at a scew and for the ASTRA satellites, the LNB needs to be on an offset scew.

As long as you buy a Sky suitable one,then it will be pre-configured with this scew. If you buy one that is suitanle for european satellite services then you might have to adjust the offset scew.

In addition, sky ones will fit the sky minidish, other may need an adapter to fit the dish arm.

brands are pretty irrelevant.

This link is examples of sky lnbs Sky minidish LNBs

This link are other lnbs Satellite LNBs 40mm and C120 flange quad quattro octo

2. Advertisement
      spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Missing some free channels! Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by marco772 View Post
      Ta very much for the reply, you sound pretty convinced of that and, from reading other posts, I feared it may be something LNB connected. As I'm not exactly sure what the LNB is (I sure I will investigate and find out!), can anyone give me an estimate of how much it's likely to cost to have it replaced?
      If it's going to be a lot, I may consider scrapping the whole thing and getting a set top box instead. All a bit of a nuisance really!
      Came accross it all the time as a Sky installer.The LNB has 2 transponder's & it's common for one to fail which affects the channels on that transponder.
      You can get new LNB's here for 10.00:

http://www.thedigiboxshop.com/sky-lnbs-products.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12