Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Phone Line Connection Switching Digibox to Standby Mode

This is a discussion on Phone Line Connection Switching Digibox to Standby Mode within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Can anyone assist me with a problem I have with my Sky digibox - I have recently replaced my ...

digger194900 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Phone Line Connection Switching Digibox to Standby Mode

Hi,

Can anyone assist me with a problem I have with my Sky digibox - I have recently replaced my aged Amstrad digibox DRX100 for a more recent, refurbished DRX400 box.

Everything worked fine for several weeks then all of a sudden the telephone lcd light on the front of the box started flashing, which eventually caused the digibox to go into standby (red lcd instead of green) - I pulled out the mains plug to the digibox for a couple of minutes, plugged it back in and switched on the digibox again - several minutes later the same thing happened again - I have now resorted to permanently disconnecting the telephone line to the digibox and everything is OK.

Does anyone know what the problem is and will Sky be aware that the telephone line is disconnected.

Is the Amstrad DRX400 meant to be a reliable digibox or should I replace it with some other brand / model??

2. Advertisement
      nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

Re: Phone Line Connection Switching Digibox to Standby Mode

if you are not on any 12 month minimum commotments then you dont have have your box connected to telephone
      only when you first get sky or upgrade equipment like box or multi-room are you committed to 12 months phone connection

amstrad would be my last option for box provider