Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Changing packages with offers

This is a discussion on Changing packages with offers within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am so angry with one of their ladies on customer service. I am so close to cancelling Sky altogether. ...

Huddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Broadband ISP: plus.net
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Changing packages with offers

I am so angry with one of their ladies on customer service. I am so close to cancelling Sky altogether.

I rang Sky up to take off one of my mixes (kids mix) as I didnt watch these channels so thought I would save myself 1. She then said to me of course you do realise any offers you have you will lose any offers you have so I said incase that dont worry about it cancel it, she then said to me that its too late shes already taken it off. I said if i had known that I would have just left it, she said you did I just told you....she did after she had taken it off, this is what I told her, (when I took the offer out I wasnt told then either). I asked her to put the offer back on and she couldnt so therefore because I took out the offer 10 days ago I have to keep sports at an additional cost till the 18th May, so then I told her to take off the full package and just leave me with Sky Sports 1, and she couldnt do this either. She then said she will speak to her manager to see what they can do and surprise surprise they werent there and there is nothing that I can do. I said Im not happy and that if I knew that I would have left it and again she said I did I told you and I said to her yes after you'd cancelled it.

Then I asked to cancel Sky altogether and she said okay but it was you who rang up to change your package. She then said you'll have to honour your 12 month broadband package. I told her that when I rang up to enquire about changing broadband supplier a couple of weeks back I asked if there was a minimum term I was told there wasn't and taht I was free to change at any time. She said there is 12 month contract. I then said to her why am I being told one thing by one person and another by another person she said I think its you not listening Mr H*****!!! I was angry about this, I then said to her well when I rang your broadband people to tell them I was looking to switch to.........then she hung up on me.

How dare she do that? I have never been insulted by a Customer Service Person (if you can call her that) before. If she isnt prepared to listen and keeps jumping in to stop customers from speaking and then hang up without saying bye then I dont think she should be doing the job she is doing.

I have always been such a loyal customer to Sky having been with them for seven years and dont expect to be treated like this. I am absoultely fuming.

Like I said above I am this close to cancelling. If they can rectify my problem then it would be much appreciated if not I have demanded a free HD box. If this is still a problem then I will cancel Sky and go to Virgin Media or get Sky again but go through another company like Currys or another independent retailer.

2. Advertisement
      VEG
      VEG is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maesteg
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: Changing packages with offers

They can change your package at anytime dont have to wait for a certain date. Ring them back up and tell them that you will cancell it all. They will then probably come back and say its ok. There is a 12 month contract for bband though.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

There is a minimum 12 month period on your BB contract, there are very very few ISPs that do not have a minimum contract length to honour.

Thanks

Could do but its not going to get my free sports offer back

Thanks

Anyway I dont want to cancel I just wanted their crap cust service advisor to tell me i would lose it before cancelling it

VEG
      Thanks

If you threaten them that you are going to cancel everything they WILL normally sort you out tell the next customer service person what hapened.

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

not sure from reading the original post, but if OP still has x amount of time left on his sky bb connection (in the first 12 months) sky do not need to realy do anything as he has to have the TV package for the duration and pay for both, if he was close to the end of the 12 months or over it, they may offer something to stay but not always

Thanks

Sorted.

Rang them up last night to say how disgusted with the womans attitude I was and explained what happened and asked to speak to a manager. I was then put on to a manager and explained the situation to her.
      She said that I had lost my offer but what she did was credited my account by taking off the extra I will be paying, so on 1st June I'll be payimg a whopping 18 before paying the normal 36 on the 1st July. My offer was due to expire on the 18th July but what she did was when she gave me the credit allowed me to have up to end of July.

Why cant all sky customer service advisors be helpful like this?

VEG
      Thanks

There you go told you they would sort you out lol