Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poor Sky+ reception on 1 of 4 TVs using an amp/splitter

This is a discussion on Poor Sky+ reception on 1 of 4 TVs using an amp/splitter within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Non-technical and first posting, so go easy. OK here's the challenge: I recently had sky+ installed in the loft with ...

GavinT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Poor Sky+ reception on 1 of 4 TVs using an amp/splitter

Non-technical and first posting, so go easy. OK here's the challenge:

I recently had sky+ installed in the loft with a T140 amp / splitter. Sky is being run to 4 tvs in the house (with magic eye links), so that when you go to analogue setting of the TV and go to the correct channel, you can pick up sky with good (although not crystal clear if I'm being picky) reception on 3 of the TVs.

The 4th TV is less than a year old, but can only pick up poor snowy reception for the Sky channel. To try and isolate the problem, instead of using the normal aerial lead which runs from the loft, through the wall into the room, I tried an aerial lead directly from the sky box in the loft to the TV. Using this lead the picture is crystal clear - from this it sounds like a simple case of poor aerial lead. However the digital reception on the same TV's freeview channels are crystal clear and the reception on the other analogue channels v. good using exactly the same aerial lead. As it is only Sky being affected, this suggests to me that it isn't the aerial lead but something else - has anyone any ideas what this something else might be ?

Appreciate in advance for any help you can give

cheers

2. Advertisement
      spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Poor Sky+ reception on 1 of 4 TVs using an amp/splitter

Admin note:When replying to a post there is no need for the whole quote, either the point you want to talk about or just the name will do (if it is a busy thread)

You have possiby over boosted the feeds or the is'nt enough power to the 4th TV.(Is it farther away than the other 3?)
      Could be a bad connection or a faulty booster.
      Last edited by richone54; 29-04-08 at 03:46 PM.

Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Poor Sky+ reception on 1 of 4 TVs using an amp/splitter

Quote Originally Posted by GavinT View Post
      this suggests to me that it isn't the aerial lead but something else - has anyone any ideas what this something else might be ?this suggests to me that it isn't the aerial lead but something else - has anyone any ideas what this something else might be ?
      The wall socket or the fly lead.
      How to fit a male IEC TV plug to double-screened cable