Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

"no signal received" constant problems - sky refusing to accept reponsibility

This is a discussion on "no signal received" constant problems - sky refusing to accept reponsibility within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; We have been having constant problems with Sky since December 2006. In short it seems that Sky's local subcontractor (Cobra) ...

Vince Ward is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

"no signal received" constant problems - sky refusing to accept reponsibility

We have been having constant problems with Sky since December 2006. In short it seems that Sky's local subcontractor (Cobra) have installed the dish and cable very poorly leaving the cable flapping in the wind resulting in the cable being exposed through contact with the house. They have replaced the cable once (after 7 months) but again did not attach it properly and now the problem is repeating itself. Sky technical help and customer services seem unable or unwilling to accept responsibility and now rather than sending out another engineer are trying to sell us an 85 per year care plan.

Sky.doc

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: "no signal received" constant problems - sky refusing to accept reponsibility

I think the problem is that the work was initially done in 2006 and its now outside the 12mth warranty for the work.

Reall as soon as the 2nd effort wasn't clipped properly you should have got back on the phone then to get it sorted as opposed to waiting for the problem to re-appear again.

Legally sky are proberly still accountable if you can PROVE that your problems are due to the initial workmanship and not ACT of GOD (ie high winds that have pulled the cable loose).

It may be easier to bite the bullet and call a local installer to some out, i would have thought they'd do it for about 20-50 quid...... and this time check the work and dont let the installer go until you are happy with the workmanship.

greyrider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: "no signal received" constant problems - sky refusing to accept reponsibility

I bought my own cabling and clips from the local TV shop ( 12 all in ) and bunged a neighbour's son 10 to use a set of ladders and a hammer. All sorted in about fifteen minutes flat, including faffing and coffee drinking time. If I could do ladders I could have saved the tenner......
      Last edited by greyrider; 28-04-08 at 10:22 AM.

Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      Legally sky are probably still accountable if you can PROVE that your problems are due to the initial workmanship and not ACT of GOD (ie high winds that have pulled the cable loose).
      This is true. Your statutory right to good workmanship is not limited by any "guarantee" that Sky may allow. Discuss it with your local trading Standards office. Nothing short of a tornado will dislodge a properly clipped cable. The holes in the wall will be evidence of what clips were put where.

Sky_Employee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If you are outwith your initial 12 month contract then you wont get a service call unless you pay 65 - best bet is ask to cancel if they try make you pay... then the turnaround department will offer you a free service call

ormsta71 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Folks, New to this site, My parents have just moved house, had sky plus since Nov 07 but been with sky since before then. I took down the old dish from their new house, Not sky+ compatible. Put their dish up from previous house and connected it , got No Satellite Signal Being Received message. Rang sky tried standard things they suggested then they said need engineer, surprise surprise 65 quid. Could it be that dish is not set correctly ? If anyone can help I would appreciate it as my parents cant really afford to go shelling out 65 quid for this (allthough sky did offer a moving house discount for 50 quid!!!!!!) Thank you in advance

Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How did you align the dish on the satellite (23,000 miles away in space)?
      What's your signal strength and quality indication?
      See No satellite signal is being received