Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

not getting setanta

This is a discussion on not getting setanta within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; at a friends house today they have a new instaled sky+ amstrad box 3 weeks ago subscribed to setanta sports ...

nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

not getting setanta

at a friends house today they have a new instaled sky+ amstrad box 3 weeks ago subscribed to setanta sports watching at weekend picture was poor blocky and paused several times

today all setanta channels are giving "no satelite signal recieved" the only one i could get was setanta ireland

anybody else having problems with setanta tonight is setana having problems or is the dish not properly alinged

many thanks

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: not getting setanta

it would suggest a poorly aligned dish or water getting into the lnb/cable connection.

You really need to find out what other channels transmit on the same frequency as setanta and then check them out too (not sure where to find that info thou).

Thanks

yeh dish must be slightly out, checked setanta channel numbers and they are all the same only other channels on same frequency are on opposite polarisation,they get these programmes
      when i checked the signal strength test in system setup menu it was only around 25% for both inputs of sky+
      my own dish recieves 60-75% signal strength, told them to phone sky and get another engineer out, they have already complained about installer, he didnt want to put dish on housewall claiming prefabricated type wall wouldnt hold but they got him to attach it to a previous dish bracket which was rienforced from within the house, he then tried to put phonewires up the walls and around the ceillings rather than put it behind a fireplace which was removable, they got him to do it in the end he also took face plate of mastersocket which would fit again afterwards so he put a splitter socket direct into test socket, some other phonewires he laid around doorways was done very quick and not very neat, also put coax cable over a peeked roof porchway without any cable clips allowing cable to move and possibly fray
      awaiting instal supervisor to come and inspect workmanship(if it can be called that)

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

You may find that the little pin that holds the LNB onto the arm is missing as the installer did'nt it it ( likely cause as you've got both feeds affected) so the LNB will slide out of the arm,decreasing the focal point of the signal on the dish.
      Came acrross it all the time when I worked for Sky.It's just lazyness.(The pin is atttched to the insert,you snap it off & once the new LNB is fitted,you insert the pin.He probably dropped it & coul'nt be arrsed getting another one,or re-used the old insert)Look up under the arm,can you see a small hole (6mm approx) or does the LNB look like it's slid out?(looks like a slight narrowing at the end of the arm & before the body of the LNB)

Thanks

You may find that the little pin that holds the LNB onto the arm is missing as the installer did'nt it it ( likely cause as you've got both feeds affected) so the LNB will slide out of the arm,decreasing the focal point of the signal on the dish.
      Came acrross it all the time when I worked for Sky.It's just lazyness.(The pin is atttched to the insert,you snap it off & once the new LNB is fitted,you insert the pin.He probably dropped it & coul'nt be arrsed getting another one,or re-used the old insert)Look up under the arm,can you see a small hole (6mm approx) or does the LNB look like it's slid out?(looks like a slight narrowing at the end of the arm & before the body of the LNB)

Thanks

going over in a short while aparently setanta started working yesterday, going to watch rangers celtic game will look at dish arm and lnb and recheck signal strength as it is a very sunny clear blue sky so signal should be good

Thanks

spike7451 you got in one looked at arm and no pin in hole can see right through it lazy ar****le

friend phoned sky today they are sending out an installation area manager to inspect every inch of installation and do a complete re-install if required
      the original installer may get his comeupance apparently he did the job in 45 minutes with dish to cable run going from rear to front of house and around 30 meteres of telephone wire being installed
      i think the the timescales proves a point
      Last edited by nodrog; 27-04-08 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks

tried putting a nail through hole in lnb arm moved lnb to correct position but still no signal on setanta, also not getting some shopping channels and radio stations which i think are on same fequency, but with lnb at correct focal point signal strenth still not higher than 25% even on this clear sunny day,
      i think the lnb must be goosed and not recieving some frequncies also tried changing lnb feed from ports 1 and 4 to 2 and 3 but still no joy
      i thought that the f connectors at the dish would have been tapped up for extra wether protection but all that was protecting connectors was a sliding pull down platic shield which is connected to the lnb
      Last edited by nodrog; 27-04-08 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
      i thought that the f connectors at the dish would have been tapped up for extra wether protection but all that was protecting connectors was a sliding pull down platic shield which is connected to the lnb
      That's how Sky do it on those LNB's.Might be a buggered LNB but more likely alignment.
      Last edited by richone54; 06-05-08 at 11:26 PM. Reason: removed balance of previous quote above

Thanks

thanks spike7451 will have to wait and see what area manager comes up with on tuesday at least most other channels are working ok

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast