Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Resolution keeps changing ?!?!

This is a discussion on Resolution keeps changing ?!?! within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; i HAD THIS PROBLEM AND SORTED BY THE FOLLOWING.ON YOUR TELEVISION REMOTE,GO TO MENU, ON PICTURE SETTINGS YOU SHOULD SEE ...

GRAHAMR is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01685
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Resolution keeps changing ?!?!

i HAD THIS PROBLEM AND SORTED BY THE FOLLOWING.ON YOUR TELEVISION REMOTE,GO TO MENU, ON PICTURE SETTINGS YOU SHOULD SEE AUTOMATIC FORMAT, ON MINE THIS WAS SET TO ON, CHANGE IT TO OFF AND THIS SHOULD SORT YOUR PROBLEM
      CHEERS
      GRAHAM

2. Advertisement
      db007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Recently, and since using the new Sky viewing card, I have had a problem with my TV picture.

On some channels, I see a picture in 16:9, where other channels it changes to 4:3.

I have checked my picture settings under the Sky menu, and the picture format is set to 16:9. This should mean all pictures on channels are displayed in 16:9 - otherwise what would be the point of having the setting there at all?

Previously, before using the new sky card, this had meant that all channels were being shown in Wide / 16:9 format, and no channels automatically changed to 4:3.

Now, though, as I go through the channels, the picture is constantly changing format. Obviously, there are some films and other shows etc that are filmed in Widescreen on the channels where the aspect ratio is automatically changing to 4:3.

I have followed the instructions in the help guide but it made no difference. I have also tested this on another TV, with the same result. I don't really want to change my settings on the TV, as the automatic changing is useful to me for other things.

This is something that has only started happening since using the new Sky viewing card.

marrtin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fazeley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I posted a topic on here a while ago about strange aspect ratios and never got to the bottom of it.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-s...o-problem.html

I am sure Sky is broadcasting some programmes with the wrong ratio. AS db7 says, this is a recent occurrence.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123