Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ with no anytime

This is a discussion on Sky+ with no anytime within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi there guys i was hoping for some advice, i joined sky in october last year and paid 49.99 for ...

chopper83 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01793
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky+ with no anytime

Hi there guys i was hoping for some advice, i joined sky in october last year and paid 49.99 for my sky+ box.

A week later the sky engineer came out to install the box, when he took it out the box i said to him that it looked quite different to the box i had seen previously. He told me it was just a different make and it was exactly the same as all the others.

Since then i have never had sky anytime, which i thought may come with a software update. However whilt in a call to customer services this week, i mentioned if i could get anytime on my box. The guy on the phone told me that i had been giving a old box that was not compatible with sky anytime. When i asked why i had been given a box that was not compatible with the services that sky provided, he told me he was also suprised and that i should have been given a newer box that was compatible, but he could not do anything about it and that i would have to email or write an email to their headoffice to get the issue sorted.

I get the feeling i may have been palmed off, but do any of you guys have any idea how i can get a compatible box from sky?

2. Advertisement
      Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ with no anytime

Yes, you will have to email or write a letter to their head office to get the issue sorted. Be sure to include full details including your name, address, subscription contract number, card number, Digibox make, model and serial number. State the problem in as few words as possible and state what you'd like them to do (replace the Digibox with a modern one).
      See Sky plus model numbers
      and How to complain
      Last edited by Sam Radford; 22-04-08 at 06:47 PM.