Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sky box wont record two programmes at once

This is a discussion on sky box wont record two programmes at once within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Im new on here, can anyone help me, I've had sky for about 2 months now, I have a ...

bonnytiz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01904
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sky box wont record two programmes at once

Hi, Im new on here, can anyone help me, I've had sky for about 2 months now, I have a sky+ box, for the last 4 days I havnt been able to record 2 programmes at one time, up till then its been fine, I have just tried again now and the box has come up saying that 2 programmes have clashed, why is this when its supposed to record 2 at the same time?
      HELP its so frustrating!!
      Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: sky box wont record two programmes at once

Was it a Sky, Sky+_ install?
      If you check the signal strength does it show as OK on both inputs? If so then start a recording on say TVE - this channel is low band Horizontal. The signal check only checks a low band Vertical transponder on both inputs, the recording makes the box lock one input on that recorded band/polarity.

bonnytiz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01904
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i, thanks for the reply, but it sounds very technical!! I am looking at the signal strength now and on INput 1 it says ok, and Input 2 lock indicator, ok, the other ones are greyed out, is this what you mean?
      Thanks for helping.

artifarti is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Do you have 2 two cables running from dish to digibox? (was it a sky+ install or have you just plugged in a sky+ box on a std sky instalation??)

Topkidben is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thurnby - EMTHRNB
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

When recording 2 programmes at once you have to watch one of them is this the problem?

nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

when you want to record 2 programmes at the same time you dont have to be watching one, infact unsure if you can but you can watch something which is previously recorded on the harddrive, perhaps this is the problem.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I've not tried this yet but will do shortly, however as the + box only has 2 satelite feeds, if you can record 2 channels at once the only way of watching a third would be to put the tv onto the rf feed which would limit you to watching terestial channels or one of the 2 channels being recorded ?

Edit - just tried this and yes you can record 2 progs at once, you can watch either or a previously recorded prog. To watch something else is limited by what your tv can receive via rf.
      Last edited by dholdi; 21-04-08 at 09:58 PM.

-=Ice100k=- is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

None of the signal related issues will result in a message programme clash, the box is smarter than this. They may result in either no satelite signal message or possibly the recording may fail instead.

If you are getting programme clashes, most likely you are doing something wrong. To remind you, in order for you to be able to record two programmes at the same time, you must be either watching of the programmes, have the box on standby or watch one of the prerecorded programmes. So it's not the case, that you can watch a programme and record two others, make sure you are not doing that.

It could be the case, that you are not recording the third programme deliberately. Just go to the personal planner and look if there is anything recording already, for example as a result of series links. Go through all of them and use your grey matter until you are 100% confident you are not doing something wrong.

I don't see anything else possibly locking up the box, however potentially in theory it could be sky anytime, but I am sure the sky+ box would be smarter than that.

ElectroQ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I am having same problem, sky+ hd on ipad keeps telling me when two channels are recording but only when the two overlap it says it cant record both even though i am watching one of those channels. I have checked signals and both ok. If i let sky hd box it just records both no problem, its just sky planner on ipad that seems to have the problems and it never used to

Ridcully is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bonnytiz View Post
      i, thanks for the reply, but it sounds very technical!! I am looking at the signal strength now and on INput 1 it says ok, and Input 2 lock indicator, ok, the other ones are greyed out, is this what you mean?
      Thanks for helping.
      What is greyed out ?

You should have
      Input 1 signal with a bar
      Input 1 quality with a bar
      Input 1 lock - OK

and the same for input 2

Something being greyed out suggests you only have one feed which is why you can't record two programmes at once

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroQ View Post
      I am having same problem, sky+ hd on ipad keeps telling me when two channels are recording but only when the two overlap it says it cant record both even though i am watching one of those channels. I have checked signals and both ok. If i let sky hd box it just records both no problem, its just sky planner on ipad that seems to have the problems and it never used to
      The ipad isn't setting up another channel ie a standard one rather than an HD for example, so what you are trying to watch is different to the two being recorded? just a thought

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      I've not tried this yet but will do shortly, however as the + box only has 2 satelite feeds, if you can record 2 channels at once the only way of watching a third would be to put the tv onto the rf feed which would limit you to watching terestial channels or one of the 2 channels being recorded ?

Edit - just tried this and yes you can record 2 progs at once, you can watch either or a previously recorded prog. To watch something else is limited by what your tv can receive via rf.
      Certainly had situation where , if the watched channel is on the same High / low and horiz / vertical as one of the ones being recorded it is possible to watch this third one at the same time as the two being recorded. Not noticed this that often recently though, mainly as with the number of repeats clashes are fairly easy to avoid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast