Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

copy sky+ box to LG HDD/DVD recorder

This is a discussion on copy sky+ box to LG HDD/DVD recorder within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Any advice, having problems copying....

tomhed36 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

copy sky+ box to LG HDD/DVD recorder

Any advice, having problems copying.

2. Advertisement
      Martin T is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mannofield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: copy sky+ box to LG HDD/DVD recorder

I have a LG RH7500 HDD/DVD Recorder. The two Scart sockets on the Recorder are connected to the TV/Freeview Box respectively. When I want to record anything from Sky+ to the LG Recorder I use a S-Video and Phono Audio leads from the back of the Sky+ to Input 4 on the front of the LG Recorder.

Ideally the Sky+ and LG Recorder could have each had an extra Scart to accommodate my set up and I did try various S-Video and Scart Adapters to avoid using the front input but to no avail.

A bit of a hassle having to plug in every time but as it's just occasional use I can live with it. Works a treat though by just playing what I want to record from the Sky+ box as opposed to using the Sky+ copy function (which incidentally I haven't tried so can't comment on!).

Just checked the instructions for the LG Recorder: It says that if you use a Sky Tuner be sure to connect the Sky Tuners VCR Scart to the Euro AV2 Scart on the back of the LG Recorder.
      Last edited by Martin T; 15-04-08 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Update:

tomhed36 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: copy sky+ box to LG HDD/DVD recorder

Quote Originally Posted by Martin T View Post
      I have a LG RH7500 HDD/DVD Recorder. The two Scart sockets on the Recorder are connected to the TV/Freeview Box respectively. When I want to record anything from Sky+ to the LG Recorder I use a S-Video and Phono Audio leads from the back of the Sky+ to Input 4 on the front of the LG Recorder.

Ideally the Sky+ and LG Recorder could have each had an extra Scart to accommodate my set up and I did try various S-Video and Scart Adapters to avoid using the front input but to no avail.

A bit of a hassle having to plug in every time but as it's just occasional use I can live with it. Works a treat though by just playing what I want to record from the Sky+ box as opposed to using the Sky+ copy function (which incidentally I haven't tried so can't comment on!).

Just checked the instructions for the LG Recorder: It says that if you use a Sky Tuner be sure to connect the Sky Tuners VCR Scart to the Euro AV2 Scart on the back of the LG Recorder.
      Thanks for the prompt reply, Martin.

Tom