Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Clock changing, planner has programmes hour early

This is a discussion on Clock changing, planner has programmes hour early within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; After the cloicks went forward on Sunday morning all the series linked programmes in my planner showed times one hour ...

tomtom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Scotstoun
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Clock changing, planner has programmes hour early

After the cloicks went forward on Sunday morning all the series linked programmes in my planner showed times one hour earlier than they were due to start. Phoned tech support and they say it's outwith their control. Hard to see how as the times were showing correct on Saturday so, presumably, their software has changed the times. I didn't notice the problem till today (Monday) but the series linked programmes for yesterday seem to have recorded OK and are now showing the correct time for the next showing. That maybe implies the bug is harmless but I'm thinking it may cause confusion if I tried to record e.g. two programmes from 7 to 8 that clashed with a programme that started at 8 but was showing in the planner as starting at 7.

Anyone else experience this?

2. Advertisement
      newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Clock changing, planner has programmes hour early

Thanks for the heads up my series link also had the time 1 hour behind where it should be.

The same happened to me in October but it was with a manual set up. Instead of leaving the time where it was it moved it back an hour! So I missed it.

It seems that when Sky change the time it literally changes all timings back or forward an hour. This is fine for the TV guide as it will be going back or forward depending on the time of year e.g. If they type in the programme previous to the time shift they would programme the 2oclock starts as one oclock and then the time shift would sort it, but the planner needs the times to remain the same.

Thats my logic anyway. Probably totally wrong!
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

Martin T is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mannofield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I noticed this yesterday whilst checking through a TV Listings Mag from a weekend paper and browsing the planner. I cancelled and re-set just to be sure.

Thanks for letting us know about the series link which i didn't notice. I will re-set that as well just to be sure!

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

It's normal.