Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

HD TV with standard sky

This is a discussion on HD TV with standard sky within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am due a new TV and have found a Samsung Full HD TV, 40" 15000:1 contrast with freeview. I ...

slippers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

HD TV with standard sky

I am due a new TV and have found a Samsung Full HD TV, 40" 15000:1 contrast with freeview.

I only have Sky + (no HD) and to be honest don`t think I want to spend an extra 10 a month for the few channels that are HD (only on basic sky + 2 mixes). I also only have an old dvd player.

Is it worth me getting the one above (800) or get a HD ready TV or just stick with my Sony Vega beast (think it is Vega or something like that) for a while longer? Someone told me that it is only worth getting a full HD TV if I get a blueray player and sky HD.

Oh I have an xbox 360 which aparently looks great on a full HD TV but I only play it about 2 hours a week.

2. Advertisement
      pntalbot8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: HD TV with standard sky

I bought a Samsung 37 " --6 months ago also have `HD`and like you, don`t like paying the extra 10 per month for a limited amount of `HD` programmes.
      I do regret buying a LCD--should have bought Samsung Plasma. You go into Local Comet /Currys and see them on display in `HD` the Plasma is a much better picture than a LCD Samsung.